Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

...There is a lot of things you have to take into consideration and that always leaves me with a couple of questions???
First:
slots into one-handed or two-handed...??? I know that for example a staff is a twohanded weapon...
i.e. if I make a fighter and put slots into two-handed and staff would that improve the character when he reaches the dual-time...

When I then put slots into a weapon ( WHEN i reach the new class )
do these slots accumulate with the other slots from the previous class?

Spawkie

Ooooh man I gotta change that sig
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 02:01 AM   #2
ryanthemighty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

From what I've found out: It depends.

That doesn't really help you, does it? Didn't think so.
Let me s'plain:

I have a dual fighter/mage. I started BG1 with the fghter to level 4, then turned to mage. When I transferred the char.(levels 4/9) to BGII I was able to put a whopping 5 slots of longbow on my char. from his fighter class, and TWO from his mage class.

Long story short: My suggestion.

Put all the slots you can into what you know you're going to use later. IE: my AMAZING archer-mage.
I still can't tell what help any of the two-handed/single-weapon/multi-facteded specializing stuff does to characters with range weapons, if anything. Dual and triple and master while you can. You get the slots fast, so use them well. Once you change, you'll wish you did...
Old 02-19-2002, 03:16 AM   #3
eb
Manshoon

Hmm i am soloing a Fighter/Mage/Thief...
And i can just put max 2 slots at every thing.
Why cant i put more?
Old 02-19-2002, 03:19 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sparhawk:
...There is a lot of things you have to take into consideration and that always leaves me with a couple of questions???
First:
slots into one-handed or two-handed...??? I know that for example a staff is a twohanded weapon...
i.e. if I make a fighter and put slots into two-handed and staff would that improve the character when he reaches the dual-time...

I assume you're dualling from fighter to mage. You will reap the benefits of putting slots into 2H and staff when your mage level exceeds your fighter level - not before.

quote:
When I then put slots into a weapon ( WHEN i reach the new class )
do these slots accumulate with the other slots from the previous class?

Yes, but again only when you exceed your previous level with your new level.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 03:22 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by eb:
Hmm i am soloing a Fighter/Mage/Thief...
And i can just put max 2 slots at every thing.
Why cant i put more?

Only true fighters (kensai, wizard slayer, berserker) can go past normal specialization.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 03:58 AM   #6
eb
Manshoon

Ok thx alot Memnoch.