Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I moniter our connection to the internet for throughput, and as of a day ago, we have been getting BAD packetloss--I just FOUND it, but it could have been going on for weeks, Alsom high ping times (Sometimes over 1000!!) so if you have had slow issues for a week now, this may be the cause.

I emailed support, and got this email:

--
I have done a test to the connections through accessing the ZyXel modem you have. After checking and pinging the modem, there is a great deal of packet loss which means that there is a signal problem. I am going to setup an appointment to have a maintenance tech come to your office to correct the problem with the modem issue.

I have called our dispatch department who is currently(3.13p) paging the technician to come to your office this afternoon.

We apologise for the inconvenience but we have you working well today.
--

Well, my "office" is in the home [img]smile.gif[/img] , so they should be out today to work on it.

Just wanted to alert ya.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:35 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm still having drop out's trying to access the Dock Ward of waterdeep.

Went up and down undermountain trying other levels and had no problem.

Soo as I try to get into waterdeep it craps itself. Any word from the cable guys ?

BTW what size is that area of the mod compared to others ?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

22x22 tilewise. Yeah, does the loading bar reach like 85% then stop, and that is when it crashes you? See, mine pauses there for a few seconds (10 or so) then loads on..

I'll see what I can do to streamline the level. Maybe remove one row of tiles.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:22 AM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I had a very similar Problem and was told it was my modem, It wasn't. It turned out to be the cable three blocks away was in need of replacement from wear due to weather. The cable company refused to believe that it was their cable but once they were forced to replaced to old cable from that point back 3000 yards toward their starting point my ping returned back down to around 56 - 134 and best was around 03-20 so,

(have them do LINE TESTS on the poles in the area from all the hurricanes you had this year. I would say it may be in your neighborhood lines..)

From the office where they orginally tested they couldn't find any problem but once the tech came out and started doing line tests he found the problem was in their lines and not my office House LOL.

[ 01-13-2005, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 01-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, they said it's either the lines or the modem. they said they will check both, and check the lines for dB being to high. I think it's the box in the yard--after 3 hurricanes, it probably got flooded, then got all rusted up.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I was having connectivity issues as well last week and when the techs came out, they found that one of the two problems was that I was receiving too much juice from two poles down the road. The other was a transmiter on my pole. They initially came out to exhange my modem, but when the tech actually got there, they checked the poles first.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
22x22 tilewise. Yeah, does the loading bar reach like 85% then stop, and that is when it crashes you? See, mine pauses there for a few seconds (10 or so) then loads on..

I'll see what I can do to streamline the level. Maybe remove one row of tiles.
Thats exactly what it does. Gets to 85 then crashes back to the desktop. Sometimes it will get as far as 90% then crash me back to the desktop. Last night it hung me there for about 3 minutes (with my HDD light going nuts)

Its really strange.

It has to be my modem I reckon if everyone else can go in and out.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:22 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It crashed me out one time yeseterday, exactly as above, but when I reloaded, I was in Waterdeep. It takes a loooonnnngggg time to load going from anywhere to Waterdeep though, and I mean from anywhere. Oh, I hope you don't mind, but I broke some of your doors in the sewer, they were in my way. [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
javan
Zhentarim Guard

It crashed on me this morning about 10 am .

The server seemed to be slow although I was the only player in Undermountain at the time. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

I wandered around Waterdeep, tried to enter the sewers, the load bar hung at 1% for a minute, then crashed to the desktop.

I tried signing on again through Gamespy. At first it said the Undermountain server was offline; after a minute Gamespy said the server was back pinging at -1; after two minutes the pinging was 1024 but my server characters were not available so I cancelled out; I waited on Gamespy until the pinging went down to about 334; I signed on again and the characters were available again.

I spent another 15 minutes going around Waterdeep and crashed again going back into the Yawning Portal Inn. Again the load bar hung at 1% complete then crashed to the desktop.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Well all should be fine now--the tech swapped out the modem and replaced the cable from the box, and we're getting NICE pings again!

Let me know how it is for you!