Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2001, 05:06 PM   #1
Raistlin
Manshoon

I finished with a party that had not hit the exp cap. At some point I am going to replay the game from the start of BGII (i think). Couple of questions. Is it worth it to start it over? If i do all the quests what levels could i attain? I guess i am wondering if it is worth it to play it over since the expansion game will start you at 2 million exp points. If i do start over i need help with shadowkeeper. It seems that every time i leveled up i had to go back and redeit my character. I would like to make a few small adjustments to him but do not want to have to repeat the process every time he hits a new level. This was a real pain since he is a multi class and seems to level more often.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-02-2001, 08:00 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

May I suggest play it over with an export character from your previous game, you can keep all items by doing the "pause before scream" thingy before the game starts, unless you are playing alignment specific characters (like paladins and rangers), maybe you want to play it through taking different paths for each quest (if applicable). Or start a multi game, and use your current PC as the protagonist. I always like playing the game over with the same PC a couple of times, I enjoy fine tuning my characters.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-02-2001, 08:07 PM   #3
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

well you can always start in a new character... its fun to do that... you could get things you could never have gotten if you wer a mage or like that...

------------------
ZOR
Old 03-02-2001, 10:36 PM   #4
Raistlin
Manshoon

Accord - "pause before scream thingy"? What is that?

------------------

Balance
Old 03-02-2001, 11:56 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Raistlin, I've learned this from Valen and at the start of each game, before Jon walks in and do the speech the screen is all dark, right? Before you hear your character does his/her death scream, hit spacebar (aka pause the game) and you will be given the opportunity to access your inventory. If your character is import from prior games, you will have all of your inventory along with your PC. The key is drop everything on the ground, then return to game and unpause. The screen should start to clear up and you will see Jonny boy walk in and does his little speech, "Ah, the child of Bhaal has awoken...blah blah blah". Once Imoen rescues you, just pick up your items that you have dropped at the very beginning of the game. (There!! Clear as mud?? )

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 12:02 AM   #6
JJ/newbie

scream thingy??? got no clue 'bout that, but I do know that every time you level up, if you have shadowed your chars, you have to edit your proficencies to level up, and then rebuild your spells if you have shadowed them as well. I played the game through the first time with shadow, but on the second go-round i am just taking it as it comes, and I am enjoying it immensely. Sure helps knowing what is coming, can't deny that, but I find that I am using more of the special and innate abilities, and the strategy involved in using them has added a whole 'nother dimension to the game. I think it may even be better this time around- anyone else done it that way? what do you think?

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-03-2001, 03:59 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin:
I finished with a party that had not hit the exp cap. At some point I am going to replay the game from the start of BGII (i think). Couple of questions. Is it worth it to start it over? If i do all the quests what levels could i attain? I guess i am wondering if it is worth it to play it over since the expansion game will start you at 2 million exp points. If i do start over i need help with shadowkeeper. It seems that every time i leveled up i had to go back and redeit my character. I would like to make a few small adjustments to him but do not want to have to repeat the process every time he hits a new level. This was a real pain since he is a multi class and seems to level more often.

You must have an old version of Shadowkeeper. Download the newest one from www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper and use that. It's definitely worth playing BG2 again, I've found a few evil quests that I didn't know about!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-03-2001, 07:08 AM   #8
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ/newbie:
but I do know that every time you level up, if you have shadowed your chars, you have to edit your proficencies to level up, and then rebuild your spells if you have shadowed them
What memmy said (old version of Shadowkeeper) Mine never does this

------------------

[This message has been edited by Patriarch (edited 03-03-2001).]
Old 03-04-2001, 02:29 AM   #9
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Yep..
Go get the new one.

It solves that problem.

But don't cheat too much too...
It'll crash the whole game...

And ever seen a 6000HP Fighter?

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-04-2001, 02:33 AM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh.....the world is not perfect. If cheating doesn't ruin your game, then by all means.
6000HP fighter? Damn....I thought Warth Sarevok's 500+ was bad...

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!