Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
Ulfin BlightBane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello all, I just completed SOA and was wondering if TOB is worth purchasing?How much does this actually add to the game? Will I be able to get the same NPCs to add to my party? etc etc etc. I have a level 19 Fighter and really want to see how high in exp points I can get him. Any help would be welcome here. Thanks in advance.....
Old 03-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Welcome to Ironworks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, I think I would wholeheartedly recommend ToB. It's more linear than SoA, but adds loads of gaming hours and finishes off the Bhaalspawn saga in a really satisfying way.

You can add all the same NPC's (providing they weren't killed in SoA) as well as a brand new (and VERY surprising!) NPC to recruit.

Your fighter will benefit from some kickass abilities that are unobtainable under SoA - you'll be amazed how tough he gets!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #3
Ulfin BlightBane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info, I will get TOB this weekend and push on.....I was worried that the expansion was weak. I have the icewind dale Exp and found it too small.... So thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back with questions on TOB...
Old 03-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

ToB is a really fun expansion, though it is somewhat small and linear. However, there are huge, intense battles, powerful artifacts, and an intriguing plotline. The addition of the dungeon Watcher's Keep will give you hours of extra game time to hang out in, with difficult challenges and rewards throughout. Extra banter, extended romances, and finally taking the exciting series to its conclusion makes it well worth the money. Have fun!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Many new items, whole new areas, loads of new spells and abilities, great ending. Well worth the money, IMO. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Definitly buy it. The expansion kicks ass. It's a little smaller but there are many great battles out there. One very cool dungeon and many powerful spells, weapons and abilities.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:54 PM   #7
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

It even adds one new class, which adds to the replayability factor. make sure you download the new patch!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote