Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
rbeane1
The Magister

I'm using a 4 person front line. It seems to me that the "monsters"
tend to attack the guy that easiest to hit. when I first went to
the 4 person front my bishop was and was being attacked all the time so I gave her the light sheild and now my Mook Ranger is being attacked more. My Dracon Fighter and my Faire Ninja
do not get attacked hardly at all.
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 12:57 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, they always seem to do that. Its kinda BS. But hey, they show intellegence, I always go for the weaker guys. So, they have a right to do it to.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Interesting, but why have everyone in the front line?

I don't even use the front line any more.

I put my lord, ninja and bard in the middle and my bishop in the back. My bishop has hardly taken any hits this game. Plus, I make sure the bishop always has something handy like a whip (you gotta love that girl [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) or a good staff later, so that she can get in a few licks occasionally. She spends almost all her time running spells anyway, and if anyone creeps up behind her she just summons an elemental to take the damage. I hang on to canned elementals early on for just such an occasion.

[ 07-23-2002, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:55 AM   #4
armakh
Manshoon

I noticed the same thing. I'm running a 4 person ninja, monk, sam in front and valk in middle. My sam gets attacked at least 50% more than the other two in front. It's really making me seriously consider ditching the second sword for a shield, because as stealth goes up with the other two, I see this as a disturbing trend in the late game, and I really wasn't impressed with a second sword that much my first game. Maybe I'll have to keep reloading and give that light shield a try....
Old 07-24-2002, 10:31 AM   #5
Rhea
Drow Warrior

I don't know how you develop your samurai, but on mine, I concentrate on Str, Dex and Spd. Maxing out these three first really helps the Sam avoid getting hit so much. (also 100 Dex will give you Reflection, which also helps to keep him from getting hit).

In skills, I don't do anything but Sword, Dual Weapons and Crit. Strike. I don't even work on Close Combat until those three are pretty high. In fact, I'd work on Reflection before I'd spend too many points in Close Combat.

I've finished the game several times with Samurai and they're awesome. But like all of the fighter bybrids, development is everything (which is why we all keep playing this game over and over...).
Old 07-24-2002, 05:53 PM   #6
armakh
Manshoon

Well, I am developing str and dex first, with prolly int and spd next, since she's the wizardry spellbook caster. I put points into wizardry, sword (almost to 75) and dual weapons, and am planning the reflexion asap. I think that the reason I get attacked so much with my sam is because my other two front-liners have stealth, and i don't believe in the "cheat training".

I agree..this is my second time through the game and my last samurai absolutely rocked-it just took a while-and this one is better developed than last time-just takes a while for me to develop her really well.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:42 PM   #7
tigger8899
Welcomed New User

I also hate groups of monsters that can surround you and you can't surround them. It's like your in a chuck wagon and the natives are attacking. Very unfair.

If the intelligence is sooo great, why do 2 sets of monsters all of a sudden love each other and gang up on you. Did they sit around and conspire this. Wouldn't you expect a monster group of dogs and cats go at it first rather than work together.
tigger8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 05:50 AM   #8
fung
Dungeon Master

yeah it sux to get surrounded by monsters...what I do is cast terror etc. to scatter them...when they surround u your spellcasters (low hps) can die in one round.

just curious, how did u get a 4 person front line. Isn't it a max. of 3 in the front line.
fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 07:33 AM   #9
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
... when they surround u your spellcasters (low hps) can die in one round.
Put characters in the side and rear slots. For example:
3 characters front, one left, one right, one rear, 2 spellcasters in the center.

Quote:
just curious, how did u get a 4 person front line. Isn't it a max. of 3 in the front line.
If you leave the front slot free, left + center + right are all at the same range.
It is used by players with very melee-heavy parties. However, its more difficult to protect your spellcasters in open areas.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:07 AM   #10
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Wereboar:
If you leave the front slot free, left + center + right are all at the same range.
It is used by players with very melee-heavy parties. However, its more difficult to protect your spellcasters in open areas.
I do something similar, by putting my Lord, Ninja and Bard in the middle and the bishop behind them (I'd *never* put a bishop in the front of anything [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Then if I add Vi and RFS-81, they can go left-right. I like the formation. But I want my bishop protected.

The advantage for the other characters is that they can all get in some licks during melee.

[ 07-31-2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Rhea ]