Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #51
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radiant_Memphit:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Radiant Mephit- A quick Reminder: Please cut out some of the quotes when you reply to something already using them. Ziroc dislikes large 'pyramids' of quoting in replies.

sorry.. i just usualy click on quote when i reply unless it is a genralistic reply...[/QUOTE]No worries! Just try to remember to cut a few out when you reply. We all forget to sometimes but it's only a big problem if everyone does it alot. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #52
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Hello everyone [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] can i get something strong to drink; i've been studying physics,my favourite, for a long time and now i feel like collapsing ........
*falls unconscious on the floor*
physics is the stupidest topic ever. also all physics teachers and lecturers that ive had (bar one..) were all preoccupied unlikeable idiots, who regularly taught (teach!) stuff that we dont need to know, and incompetently teach the stuff we do, and then have the arrogance to complain when noone knows what the hell is going on... anycase thats physics teachers for ya [/QUOTE]Dont quite agree with ya Radiant_Memphit, physics is one of the most interesting subjects. One must say that almost all development in human history is due to 2 subjects, philosophy and physics. The rest are all branches. Anyways im just in high school but i find physics quite fascinating.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:43 AM   #53
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Radiant Mephit- A quick Reminder: Please cut out some of the quotes when you reply to something already using them. Ziroc dislikes large 'pyramids' of quoting in replies.

quote:
welcome?? not like i havent been here before... and i havent posted for abour 6 months- a year. my point was why do you have to have 'your' own little discussion post- its that it has to have your name at the top, and infact 'be' yours. dont start being condecending or whatever- i post on forums alot and i just remembered this one- thats why ive started posting again, its that when people start to set up their 'own' chats or suchlike, to a greater or lesser extent they are trying to make themselves feel more important..

anycase ignore the ramblings if ya want, im just feeling a bit grumbly today...
Ah yes, your welcome, call it a 'welcome back after being away' if it helps. It's what we do here at Escape Forums. We want people to feel comfortable. You sound like an interesting person, so pull up a chair and have a good time and we'll just chalk the first few 'complaints' of yours up to a bad day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]putting my complaints down to a 'bad day' is the wise course [img]tongue.gif[/img]

and intresting person?? no just wierd person really dont take any of my grumblings to heart.. there never really that serious..and if anyone gers annoyed by little dot dot dot's after what i say... well... best not to read my topics [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2002, 09:46 AM   #54
Anarion

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Hello everyone [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] can i get something strong to drink; i've been studying physics,my favourite, for a long time and now i feel like collapsing ........
*falls unconscious on the floor*
physics is the stupidest topic ever. also all physics teachers and lecturers that ive had (bar one..) were all preoccupied unlikeable idiots, who regularly taught (teach!) stuff that we dont need to know, and incompetently teach the stuff we do, and then have the arrogance to complain when noone knows what the hell is going on... anycase thats physics teachers for ya [/QUOTE]Dont quite agree with ya Radiant_Memphit, physics is one of the most interesting subjects. One must say that almost all development in human history is due to 2 subjects, philosophy and physics. The rest are all branches. Anyways im just in high school but i find physics quite fascinating.[/QUOTE]i used to like it, but i got dissilusioned by where it was going. geography is a easier field, and more rewarding. id say maths, languages were equaly instrumental in the moulding of commen society, but hey! thats me!

Old 10-07-2002, 09:53 AM   #55
MagiK

Morning all, apparently whatever was causing me to not get in last week has gone away...now I get in just fine....weird!

Old 10-07-2002, 09:53 AM   #56
Epona
Zartan

Radiant, both Plymouth and Bristol have good reputations, and I'm sure you'll settle in OK soon although it's always a bummer not to get on your first choice of course. Yes I'm a Brit, living in Surrey temporarily, though I normally reside in London. Hope to be back there soon!

Cloudy, glad to hear Jim is settled in OK, hope that work comes through for him! He must be missing his friends and family I expect, but to be with you must make it worthwile for him! Please give him my regards. I've missed chatting, I don't have MSN at the moment and feel like I must be missing out on all the goings on. I've also just been busy - organising training courses at work, riding my scooter, buying 2nd scooter etc. I have bored everyone rigid about the damn things, people change direction to avoid me (unless they are as scooter-mad as I am!) You know I actually carry photos of them around with me? I've never carried any boyfriends photo in my wallet, but I have photos of my scooters [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 09:54 AM   #57
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Radiant_Memphit you still havent explained why geography is such a wonderful subject. Perhaps i have the same problem with geography which you had with physics, namely, poor teachers.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:56 AM   #58
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Radiant, both Plymouth and Bristol have good reputations, and I'm sure you'll settle in OK soon although it's always a bummer not to get on your first choice of course. Yes I'm a Brit, living in Surrey temporarily, though I normally reside in London. Hope to be back there soon!

cool! i like plymouth uni alot better than all the otheres that ive visited..

[ 10-07-2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Radiant_Memphit ]

Old 10-07-2002, 10:00 AM   #59
Anarion

Quote:
Radiant_Memphit you still havent explained why geography is such a wonderful subject. Perhaps i have the same problem with geography which you had with physics, namely, poor teachers.
could be, my geog teachers were ace too.. i just liked geography more- physical stuff about tettonics rivers coasts, and the human stuff like poulation and settlement. i found it to be a much more enjoying topic than physics which at most, i only liked little bits of it.. the radioactivity topics were cool though!!

Old 10-07-2002, 10:01 AM   #60
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Morning all, apparently whatever was causing me to not get in last week has gone away...now I get in just fine....weird!
Yay, MagiK, glad that you are back. We'll split some more skulls together.
Cloudy, interesting? Tactful of you, dear lady.