Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 01:55 AM   #1
Louis de Lioncourt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi you guys, my first time here at this forum. I've just bought my neverwinter, and nwn:SoU too.

I have created some characters but already erased them, now i just got a rogue 11, and from now on I intend to make him an assassin lvl 9.

Anyway, this post is about them new feat, circle kick. I tried to put this on a monk, with all pre-requisits and that feat never shown up at the list.

Anyone used it already? if yes, please give some light here.

Thanks.

Louis.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:58 AM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

First of all, welcome to the forums! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Second of all, I believe that monks get that feat automatically. You should check your feats screen to see if you already have it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 02:08 AM   #3
Louis de Lioncourt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the welcome,

well, I dont think the monk get that feat for free.

The pre-requisits are : +3 attack bonus, dexterity +15, and improved unarmed strike.

And that never shown up on the list for any of my characters...

Just dont know why!! maibe the pre-requisits are wrong at the manual.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:13 AM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Hmm...very odd. My half-orc monk has it. Check the manual in the start-up menu. If that's not right, well, I don't know, sadly.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:24 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Not to insult your intelligence but you are sure you have all the pre-reqs?

Attack base +3, Dex 15 and Improved Unarmed Strike rather than just regular Unarmed Strike? I'm only saying cuz usually with me it's little things like that.

Welcome to Ironworks!

[ 08-28-2003, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 08-28-2003, 02:56 AM   #6
Louis de Lioncourt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, i think monks get that feat for free, that improved unarmed strike. So I have that for sure.

Anyway, my SoU-CD came with no eletronic manual, could anyway list me the pre-requisits for circle kick just to know if my translated manual is correct.

As I said, here says, +3 bonus attack, 15+ dext and improved unarmed strike. Just these three, is that right?
Old 08-28-2003, 03:56 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis de Lioncourt:
well, i think monks get that feat for free, that improved unarmed strike. So I have that for sure.

Anyway, my SoU-CD came with no eletronic manual, could anyway list me the pre-requisits for circle kick just to know if my translated manual is correct.

As I said, here says, +3 bonus attack, 15+ dext and improved unarmed strike. Just these three, is that right?
I higly doubt you can get it with +3 attack. Try with an higher level character.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:47 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Monks don't get Circle Kick for free, they get Cleave instead IIRC, but they gain Improved Unarmed Strike for free at lv. 1.

The pre-requisite is: Base attack bonus +3, Dexterity 15+, Improved Unarmed Strike.

Note above that it's Base attack bonus +3 not Attack bonus +3, there's a difference. Monks get a BAB +3 at lv. 4. Circle Kick only works if your're fighting unarmed or with kamas.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:49 AM   #9
Legolas
Jack Burton

I know for a fact that my 11th level monk has the circle kick feat, so it must've been selected at lvl 9 at the latest. If your natural dexterity is 15+ (simply having a dex of 14 and carrying bracers of dexterity +1 won't work) then as a monk you should simply be able to select the feat.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:40 PM   #10
Louis de Lioncourt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, thanks everyone, I guess I was wrong about that attack bonus, it is really the base attack bonus (duhn!!!). So I'll try lvl up my monk until lvl 6 or 9 to get the feat.

Thanks again for the answers.