Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2002, 03:02 AM   #1
Orion

Has anyone killed Klauth with a solo character? Is it possible with a solo barbarian? I've tried over and over and nothing I try seems to work I can take him down to injured but that it, he usually kills me with his fire attack. Does anyone have ideas on how to do kill him? I've tried drinking about every potion and with barbarian rage nothing seems to work.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:18 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes you can kill him... just run away across the bridge when you are getting close to dying, use the stone of Recall, rest and then come back... he SHOULD still be at the same HP he was at when you left (Either that or my game has a bug)... It will cost you QUITE a bit of moeny... but its worth it
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:37 AM   #3
obelix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I killed him two times with a fighter. Here is what I did:

The first time I killed him the door to the small room was open but that fat bastard didn't fit through the door (imagine, he cant't reach his own hoard). So I hacked at him for a while, then retreated, rested and took another run. Once his aura is gone he will be down rather easy.

The second time that door was closed and I was not able to open it. So I approached him over the bridge until he appeared at the upper end of the screen. Then I shot about 500 arrows (Composite Longbow +3/+5 Mighty)at him, somehow that stupid lizzy got stuck and couldn't reach me. Once I ran out of arrows his aura was gone and he was badly injured so I could finish him with my Astral Blade.
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 04:22 AM   #4
Orion

hmm.....haven't that about fighting from the hoard room. Being evil I have no problem with giving him the eggs first. I'll have to try it. I have already tried the bridge idea though and he followed me onto the bridge and of coarse the door was locked so I was trapped. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:47 AM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

If you've been reading the books and such found in the same dungeon area, you'll learn about trapping a dead dragon in a dragon orb. Such an orb, if given to Klauth, will take away about 80% of his hps. This should make the fight much easier.

I did kill him with a solo monk, but after doing the dead dragon orb bit. It wasn't too bad of a fight. It helps if you have an item that absorbs some fire damage, like Chromatic armor or a ring of the Elements.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote