Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 01:28 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Damn! it's like 20 outside! [img]smile.gif[/img] I LOVE IT! (We usually never get good clean air), so I went out and took a deep breath. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am from Kentucky, and we usually get this from Dec-Feb, but in Florida?
They said it hasn't been this cold since 1989 (I moved here that year)!

I'd love to see snow here... 2 inches would bring florida to a grinding halt I bet though--no salt trucks--we DO have SANDtrucks! lol

I took Choc out in it (in my arm), he smelled the air, looked up at me like DAMN, take me IN! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2003, 01:37 AM   #2
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

LOL

Its cold here too (in Texas, Central Texas no less.) . Yeah about 20, would be awsome to see snow here too, but anytime Texas does get snow, its more like just slush, not snow really. It snowed last year on New Years Day (night) but it gets coldest here in Feb. I hope it freezes over EVERY FRIKKEN DAY! Winter is late this year, it was bloody 60 degrees on Christmas Day. Pissed me off... [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 01-24-2003, 01:40 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
LOL

Its cold here too (in Texas, Central Texas no less.) . Yeah about 20, would be awsome to see snow here too, but anytime Texas does get snow, its more like just slush, not snow really. It snowed last year on New Years Day (night) but it gets coldest here in Feb. I hope it freezes over EVERY FRIKKEN DAY! Winter is late this year, it was bloody 60 degrees on Christmas Day. Pissed me off... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, since I've lived in Florida, Christmas never feels the same... 70 outside.. no snow...

(Hmmm a Police Heli is circling our area, wonder who he's looking for?)

Old 01-24-2003, 01:43 AM   #4
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

A couple of days ago it got to nearly ten under here in southern Maine. There's snow from weeks ago still on the ground. It just doesn't ever get warm enough to melt. I often have to go out wearing three or four sweaters. It's crazy... [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2003, 07:47 AM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

El Niňo is doing some weird stuff... In Cuba its almost 45 degrees! thats the coldest it's been in recorded history! I cant belive how cool and refreshign it is outside! O_o
Old 01-24-2003, 07:50 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Its 10 degrees here [img]redface.gif[/img] We are going in late and shovel snow off the second floor. Likely working the weekend because of this. I'm overjoyed [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2003, 08:12 AM   #7
quietman1920

As I look out my office window, I see all the water taxis* mooving at a crawl across the Hudson. Usually they are flying across, but not today. Today there are Large Chunks of Ice floating down the river. I guess no one wants to make a 'Titanic' mistake...

*part of the damage to Manhattan two Septembers ago was that it knocked out one of two PATH train (think subway)tunnels under the Hudson. As a large number of people need to commute across that river daily, and the bridges are already jammed with traffic, a solution was needed. Arising from that need dozens of small port terminals for ferries and water taxis have sprouted up on both sides of the river. At 5:15pm you can easily see 12-24 water craft crossing within a 2-mile stretch.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:16 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

20?!! 10?!!! Oh man, send the heat wave up here! It's been ZERO or lower than 10 here for a week! Got to -10 at night! And that's before the outrageous wind chill factor!!! ACK! I don't mind the 30's or even snow, but we've had blistering cold AND tons of snow this year! Guess the Farmer's Almanac was right again! They predicted it would be a colder winter with more snow than the last few years!

Don't get frostbite down in Florida, Z! That IS cold for you guys, for sure!
Old 01-24-2003, 09:28 AM   #9
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It got down to 3 degrees here in Western North Carolina today (a little over 200 miles East of LOA in Charlotte). But we didn't get any of the snow they got.

If it's going to be cold winter weather, then by golly, I want some SNOW to go with it. Ah well....maybe next time.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It snowed for about 5 hours yesterday morning, and the tempurature stayed in the 20's all day.

It was 11 degrees here this morning, and we're expecting a low around 10 again tonight. Like Florida, this is the coldest it's been here since the Christmas of '89.

LofA, is your forecast showing the possiblity of snow again Sunday night? Mine is! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]