Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 07:09 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

While I was cleaning my room my mother said there was friends waiting for me at the door. I ran to the door and my friends told me "Patrick has gone missing." Patrick is a boy around five years old, a boy I have always played games with on the weekends. And who considers me his best friend. This came to a shock to me. He was missing for over two hours. My friends and I searched around for him all around the neighborhood. I was scared what might of happened to him. I lived in the suburbs so my where I live is surronded by forests that span a few miles. In the forests there are snakes, foxes and other things. He might of been kidnapped. Or that he somehow went in the creek and there is deep water there and many rocks and... I feared for the worst.

All of this was racing through my mind. I was searching for him for a while. My friend Rudy and I checked the playgrounds and found that he was not there. When I was starting to go back home I was starting to think: Why such unfortoune has to happen to such a young child. Everyone was afraid that we may never see for him again. I was scared that I might never hug, play or talk and see him again.

I went to the park and we saw there was police all over the neighborhood. A police car pulled up next to myself and and my friend and asked "Have you seen a boy on a yellow bike. His name is Sean." He has gone missing too!! It was just too much. Sean was Patrick's older brother around 8 years. The police man said more "Also Patrick has been found. He is at a neighbors house." I gave away a huge sigh of relief then. I said I'll look for Sean and the police man drove away. I went out of the park and down the street where more police cars were. I stopped there and saw Sean's mother's car. I stopped and saw Sean and smiled.

About ten minutes later I found out this. Patrick was found a few miles away in the woods. And ended up near a middle school and found by a school teacher luckily. Patrick got lost in the first place because Sean and his friends were in the park. And Patrick was with him. Sean and friends left Patrick alone and yelled to Patrick "Go home!". The park was half a mile away from their house. So it was pretty far and Patrick for reasons unknown to me went into the woods.

All of this happened about an hour ago. These type of expirences I won't forget.

[ 11-21-2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Sythe ]
Old 11-21-2003, 07:13 PM   #2
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

How horrible! The brother as well as the experience. I would never ever tell my sister to "go away", regardless of where I was or in what kind of situation. Come on, how can you do that? Something serious could have happened to him...
Old 11-21-2003, 07:15 PM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Glad they were found and are safe, I actually feared the worst while reading this story...
Old 11-21-2003, 07:17 PM   #4
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
How horrible! The brother as well as the experience. I would never ever tell my sister to "go away", regardless of where I was or in what kind of situation. Come on, how can you do that? Something serious could have happened to him...
I forgot to mention that Sean is not very responsible. He usually told his younger brother to go home. But that was NEAR their house. I don't know what Sean was thinking. But what I know is that Sean is in big trouble with his mom. And his mom his very very strict!
Old 11-21-2003, 07:17 PM   #5
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Glad they were found and are safe, I actually feared the worst while reading this story...
Yeah, same here...I read the first part about "he had gone missing" and thought "oh no...please no..."
Old 11-21-2003, 07:17 PM   #6
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You had me worried there...

On hindsight, maybe their parents should have made sure there was someone there to take Patrick home? I'm glad that everything turned out ok, nevertheless.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:25 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Glad he's ok, but we all get lost dude.

I had a terrible experiance in Asda once....I was at the sweets Mum was at the wine. Shit me up proper.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

thank goodness he is alright.

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-21-2003, 09:20 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

see if I can post this now....
I am glad he is ok, and held my breath the whole time I was reading it, hoping the worst was not ahead [img]smile.gif[/img] and am glad they were both found, and agree the older boy should be punished, but...... I also know that he is probably suffering enough right now, torturing himself about what could have happened, kids that age are like that, 8 year olds want space from little siblings, and 5 year olds want and need the approval of the older, it is just a phase all kids go through
Old 11-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sythe, I'm so glad he's ok! But you bet his brother's in trouble! I'm sure any mom would be mad if she found her little one had been 'dumped' by the older one and got lost like that! Luckily he didn't get hurt or kidnapped!