Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #71
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
imdb has some good trivia, including this

SPOILER

SPOILER: Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) said he knew that he must die in this film, so he told George Lucas he would only do the film if Mace Windu goes out in a blaze of glory and not "like some sucka". On an American late-night talk show, he confirmed that he did indeed have a meaningful death scene; and he does not go out like "some punk".
Hooper X would be proud!

(This delves deep into Kevin Smith lore... good luck Hivetyrant! )
Old 05-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #72
Jorath Calar
Harper

Did anyone notiice the Millenium Falcon...?

I'm sure I saw it, or at least the same type of ship, very briefly after they made the emergency landing and their "Taxi" is landing on a platform at the senate, it can be seen docking their too.

The resemblaance is uncanny... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #73
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
imdb has some good trivia, including this

SPOILER

SPOILER: Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) said he knew that he must die in this film, so he told George Lucas he would only do the film if Mace Windu goes out in a blaze of glory and not "like some sucka". On an American late-night talk show, he confirmed that he did indeed have a meaningful death scene; and he does not go out like "some punk".
Hooper X would be proud!

(This delves deep into Kevin Smith lore... good luck Hivetyrant! )
</font>[/QUOTE]lol, Hooper would be damn proud

"Black rage....Black rage!!!"

[ 05-25-2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 PM   #74
Jorath Calar
Harper

Whats a Nubian?
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:57 PM   #75
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Taking a moment out of my busy day to make some comments.
Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
The fight in the Senate chamber was way cool. Sidious had his own flippityness to combat the ever-flippity Yoda.
love that line, Timber!

I still have no problem with Obi beating Grievous. Grievous was NOT FORCE SENSITIVE. When 2 jedi fight, they sense the next moves and anticipate. Obi could do that to Grievous, but Grievous had no such capability to do likewise.
Likewise.

I did not like the "I have the higher ground- you can't win" bit at the end. It was in the video game, and I'd hoped it was changed, but there it is. I was like "Hey, Ben old boy, exactly HOW did you kill Darth Maul?" Regardless, Obi is my favorite character of the 6 movies now, bar none. I even liked his Dick Tracy investigation in AotC. And, he did leave Ani really gimped out.
Actually, thinking about it, it is a rather helpful advantage. Especially if your old apprentice thinks he can jump far over you just because he turned sith. [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

Did anyone else think it was stupid to "Vaderize" Ani without first putting him in Bacta to get rid of the charred flesh and nastiness?
Well, nasty, anyways, though some of the clothing was removed, the charred flesh was not.

Interesting notion that Darth Plageus created Ani. It does not defy the prophecy, which would of course come true despite Sith meddling. Of course, we don't KNOW that Plageus was Palp's master. He could have been, but Palps could have discovered Sith knowledge of the tale elsewhere, among Sith artifacts. I have heard it mentioned that Palps was self-taught.

Note that the prophecy was true, and Ani did in fact bring balance to the force -- in Ep. VI.
Actually, I would argue that Anakin fulfills the prophesy by doing what he does. I think the "balance" is between the dark and the light. They are both natural parts of the force. Thus, either train a bunch of sith, or kill a bunch of Jedi... I think we know his choice, by now.

Ani beating Dooku was not silly in the least. Having 3 years of combat training and further mentoring, he of course could have doubled in power. Between Ep. II and III he became, by Obi's own admission, a greater power than Obi.
Also realize that George does like to show the sudden burst of ability using the dark side. I think that may very well have been what they were showing as well. Look at RoTJ, for another example.

I do love how it was the evil to be found in insecurity, envy, anger, etc. that led Ani down the dark path. He was in an unwinnable situation, and had a personality that was easy for Palps to manipulate. Between being so old when he started training, being so full of tragic flaws, and being thrust in the middle of the Senate/Jedi conflict, he was doomed from the outset.
Several excellent points, Timber! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #76
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Probably the only scene that was expected (seeing as Yoda set the scene for it) and never came was a little something between Ben and an etherial Qui-gon Jinn. Something to settle Obi's mental turmoil having trained and battled the new Sith Annakin, and indicating that the prophecy is not lost and they must look to the children for (dare I say it) "New Hope" [/QB]
But see that's just it, he DID fulfill the prophesy, there is now balance in the Force, 2 Jedi, and 2 Sith, rather than scads of Jedi and virtually no Sith.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:47 AM   #77
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Just remembered that funniest part of the movie was most definitely R2-D2 attacking the Superbattle Droid with his stun-gun-thingy and the droid kicking him around for that. 'twas pretty funny if you ask me.

In the conversation between Palpatine and Anakin in the theatre, I thought Palpatine hinted at two things;
1) Anakin was in fact conceived by Darth Plageas. This means that the Sith (possibly) knew about the Jedi Prophecy and turned their belief in a messias against them. If true, it's one hell of a plan to get back on the top.
2) Palpatine was Plageas apprentice and thus responsible for his murder. I don't know if this is true, but I certainly got that feeling when Palpatine told Anakin about it (not in his wording but more through the acting of Ian McDiarmid).
Darth Plagious was indeed Sidious' master, it is mentioned in one of the novels, and again on Wikipedia. Palpatine knew of Anakin's origin and likely played upon that in his lies to turn Anakin (although it can also be argued that the ones who do the most lying most consistently are the Jedi)

I like Natalie Portman, and enjoy several of her movies, but she came across as bland and wooden as Anakin did in Ep 2, although Haden really impressed me, most of the time...

I was really expectig Sidious to leave Ep 3 unscarred, as it has been well documented in the extended universe that thedark side is bit like cancer and eats away at the physical frame of those who dabble in it extensively (in fact during one of the books it is revealed that the Emporer in SW ep4 is in fact a clone because the Dark Side destroyed Palpatines body so thouroughly that he had to clone himself in order to escape death, as he said those with power truly fear to lose it.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #78
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Did anyone else think it was stupid to "Vaderize" Ani without first putting him in Bacta to get rid of the charred flesh and nastiness?
Dipping him in Bacta would have likely healed over the stumps of his arms and legs, making the addition of cybernetic limbs either impossible, or alot more painful. In addition in order to preserve the nerves that would operate said cybernetics time was probably of the essense. (when he lost his arm he did not use Bacta, when Luke lost his hand they also did not use Bacta)
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #79
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Morgie, I have begun reading one of the SW novels, and I gotta say that I will never, NEVER, EVER base any "fact" or "truth" of the SW universe on these things. No wonder Lucas doesn't include them -- they're written at the level I wrote in 8th grade.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:02 AM   #80
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Timber, the quality really varies, check out the thread about the novels that Memnoch started.

It should also be noted that until Ep 1 All novels, comics, encyclopedias, video games, RPG material, CCG, etc were approved by Lucas himself, and accepted as canon, when making Ep 1 he discarded all material that was not in the movies (the Christmas special was kept canon as were the 2 Ewok movies as they were written and created by Lucas) from the established canon of roughly 16 years. I have heard no less than 5 "official" answers to what the Sith are (Darth of course being a title for a dark lord of the sith).