Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #131
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Is that because they're that much worse, or because they lift Ep 3 up if you know what went before?

In any case, I'll put them on my list
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #132
Lucern
Quintesson

Both Bungleau, Both [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:40 AM   #133
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Here's something that just pops up in my mind. Why the sith's lightsaber is always red in colour? How come Mace windu's one is Purple? Yoda's Green ? Obi Wan's ( and most jedi ) is Blue ?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #134
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Is that because they're that much worse, or because they lift Ep 3 up if you know what went before?

In any case, I'll put them on my list
Some things might make a little more sense, and the ramblings of Jar-Jar will skyrocket the goodness of Ep.3 just because he doesn't talk.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:07 PM   #135
Link
Jack Burton

The lightsaber's colour comes from the focus crystal that's inside the handle. Each Jedi Padawan has to assemble his or her own lightsabre, which means that some construct a lightsaber with a large but less powerful beam, and others the other way around.

As for why the Sith lightsabers are always red, I wouldn't know. It's part of their image, I guess.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:30 AM   #136
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
The lightsaber's colour comes from the focus crystal that's inside the handle. Each Jedi Padawan has to assemble his or her own lightsabre, which means that some construct a lightsaber with a large but less powerful beam, and others the other way around.

As for why the Sith lightsabers are always red, I wouldn't know. It's part of their image, I guess.
Actually Sith Lightsabers being red is right in there with the focus crystals, the Sith use a type of focus crystal that is much more powerful than those used by jedi, I would assume that only having 2 active Sith at any given time makes it easier to safeguard the locations of that source for crystals.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #137
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Actually Sith Lightsabers being red is right in there with the focus crystals, the Sith use a type of focus crystal that is much more powerful than those used by jedi, I would assume that only having 2 active Sith at any given time makes it easier to safeguard the locations of that source for crystals.
So how do *you* know about them? Hmmmm?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:23 AM   #138
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I also could have done without the scene with the younglings. It certainly showed that Anakin had gone over, but it felt gratuitous.
Well, I think the Chancellor makes reference to becoming "strong enough in the Dark Side." In other words -- Ani needed a mega-dose of EEEVIL very quickly to catch up with the dark side energies he needed. Think of murdering children as the Phen-Fen Sith Crash Diet.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #139
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Morgeruat:
So how do *you* know about them? Hmmmm? </font>[/QUOTE]I read alot, and listen when others don't think I'm paying attention, being inconspicuous is the key to life.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:02 PM   #140
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Just curious, I've asked this question before, but how can one crystal be more powerful than another? After all, the energy would not be derived from the crystal, just focused through it, giving this blade of pure energy it's shape and color. Interesting, I thought, and never very well explained.

Anyways, another thing about colors, the Jedi usually make their blades in training at the academy. They are provided Adegan crystals, almost always blue or green. Mace's is violet because Samuel Jackson wanted it that way, lol! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote