Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 07:29 AM   #11
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

You can sell Dark BHood armor to creeper. It has pretty good value. I think I also sold Dwemer coins to him as well.
If you can find a place to store your stuff, you can horde quite a bit without having to carry it around. You just need an empty house. This comes in handy when you're ready to enchant and need some bucks or when you need to do some creative selling of a really valuable item.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:05 AM   #12
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

Find an empty house. Or create your own. And I don't mean with the Construction Kit.

*Slaps hammer against palm of hand menacingly*
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 PM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Brayf:
Erm, I know that the woman upstairs at the Mage's Guild in Balmora buys Dwemer artifacts, but she doesn't have much money. There's a newbie answer to a newbie question
Which just shows you that the mage guild are really a strange bunch of people. They like to deal with things nobody would dealt with.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:25 AM   #14
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, I don't like it in there. Magic gives me the creeps.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #15
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:
I near jumped out of my chair the first time I got attacked by a dark brotherhood assassin. Does one stop these murder attempts by first going to Ebonheart? (Might look into doing this after Cosades misison...)
Depending on your level,you will be attacked up to 10 times when you try to sleep unless you travel to Ebonheart and on to Mournhold right away. Thats for 10 days so, Don't make the mystake alot of people do and try sleeping 10 times in a row. Because if you sleep and get attacked and kill the Dark Brotherhood assassin then try to sleep again right away you will be attacked by two assassins and so on. Best thing to do is after you sleep and are attacked the first time wait a few hours before you try to sleep again. I believe you said your only level 18 so you may only be attacked 4 or 5 times then the attacks will only happen once each time after you have increased two levels untill you have been attacked 10 times. Unless you do the quest and go to Mournhold and kill all of the Brotherhood.

S T O P--don't try the Dark Brotherhood quest before you reach above level 22!!! Level 25 is better and a little easier but not much. At level 18 you can beat them if your a Fighter and have a very powerful Sword and a good shield and about 30 restore Health Potions.

One last thing the higher your level the stronger and tougher they are and the number of assassins you will have to fight will increse. At level 70 when I fought them the first time there were about 40 of them and were fairly hard to kill. The next game, I tried the quest at level 26 and only had about 15 or 18 Dark brotherhood to fight and their hit points were alot lower and so were mine and they were harder to kill but when I tried to go after them in yet another game at level 19 their hit points were about as high as they were when I fought them at level 26 and I died about 20 times before I finally beat them and their Boss. This is a good quest and their are alot more things to fight on this quest besides the Dark Brotherhood. GOOD LUCK and kick butt!!

[ 04-01-2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 04-03-2005, 06:51 AM   #16
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

I've got a couple of questions that fit under this thread's specification:

What are Bosmeri? I keep hearing people say "Oh, a Bosmer said this" or whatever, but what actually is one?

What does Sanctuary do? I'm currently playing a thief character, but I took the Shadow sign as I had no idea what Sanctuary was.

Potions: What parameter is used to determine if my character knows the effects of potions (e.g. they are listed rather than ???)? My character has Int as one of his two main stats, and it's currently at 50, yet I still can't view details of potions. I could try each potion in turn and try to memorise their effects, but that doesn't really appeal to me

And while I'm here, what does Feather do, out of interest? I play Morrowind on a different computer than I use the net on (otherwise I would just test this myself), and I've got a potion of Feather which I haven't tried yet.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:07 AM   #17
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Thanks for all the responses...I'll make some additional notes after I respond to your questions, Brayf.

1. Not sure about Bosmeri, hasn't come up in my game yet. Have you got Bloodmoon installed also? I've only just added it last night, so I probably won't be heading way NW just yet...

2. I assume Sanctuary gives a short/temporary invulnerability? Not that I"ve used it!

3. My guestimate would be the alchemy skill? Not sure. I only know that my monk started having scientific insights into the effects of his beloved skooma and sujamma after a long hard alchemy training session with Ajira!

4. I think feather allows you to fall softly from greater heights without taking damage. I'm loving my monk's recently maxed out Acrobatics/Athletics skills for this reason.
Correct me if I'm wrong here chaps, I'm stilly only a knowledge thirsty newb remember!

Now back to my initial questions.

1. I decided that the distinct lack of rich merchants is a crippling weakness to game world credibility. Especially within the Great Houses themselves - you'd think there would be at least one rich noble who'd have more funds than a dodgy talking mudcrab/wily scamp. I guess the main justification for it is that once an abundance of septim flow begins, thus riseth the powergamer to train train train, and the game balance moves that much more in his favour. Still, I installed the Rich Creeper plugin and don't regret it at all!

2. Thanks again for the tip, Radek. I kept one Dwemer tube and surely enough, Edwinna asked for one in a mage guild subquest. Saved me some time.

3. Crimsonblade, your warning came too late, unfortunately. Those pesky dark brotherhood goons have plagued my levelling up sleeping habits a few times in pairs. The most I've faced at once so far is three! It was an hysterical melee! I was in Suran and had just killed off the slave market owner in ferocious cold blood and decided to sleep in his bed to level up. I awoke to the usual 'noises' and froze in fear for a second. I opened the door, gulped down some flinn, ran down the stairs and got out Icicle to hastily fend off two brotherhood geezers. It was only after I beat them with barely a hit point to spare that I realised that a third one had been spawned inside one of the slave cells and was stuck! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I haven't even touched Ebonheart, let alone Mournhold yet, but plenty of time yet for that I hope. Vivec still holds so much mystery for me at the moment. I'm now Arch-Mage after giving Trebonius a letter from Ocata himself. I refused Trebonius' pompous paranoid offer for an arena duel and dethroned him by natural causes. [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:32 AM   #18
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for your answers to my questions CD, your answers to 2 & 3 make sense so I'm inclined to trust you there. There are Potions of Slow Fall, however, so I can't imagine Potions of Feather would also have that effect... Although I'll have to use your newb disclaimer myself!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #19
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Brayf:
Thanks for your answers to my questions CD, your answers to 2 & 3 make sense so I'm inclined to trust you there. There are Potions of Slow Fall, however, so I can't imagine Potions of Feather would also have that effect... Although I'll have to use your newb disclaimer myself!
Potions (or the spell) of feather just decrease the carried weight. If you for example carry 150 lbs of stuff and cast feather 50, you will then carry only 100 lbs for the duration of the spell.

This spell is quite usefull, if you put it as a permanent enchantment on heavy armor like deadric or the like.

Chris
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 03:28 PM   #20
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Thanks for the correction, Chris77Se. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I normally use Sujamma or Mazte if I'm encumbered and in a hurry to get some items from A to B, so I might have to look into using Feather instead to save my brain cells.

I've been thoroughly enjoing the Morag Tong quests tonight. Nothing like officially condoned legal murder and stealthfully slipping away from the Ordinators.

I'm also loving the chaos of twisting the factions around by sucking their power base by doing their quests and then later rendering their leaderships useless by creating a power vaccuum. I only have Percius Mercius to deal with now and the Fighter's Guild is as good as under my paw. [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]

Another couple of questions, however:

1. Are there any drawbacks/negatives in using Almsivi's Intervention too often? I am seemingly relying on this spell alot and treating it not unlike a random "town portal". I worry that there's a sacrifice to be made in the form of are lost gold, items, etc. Handy spell.

2. Do the Expansions tie well into the main plot, or are they relatively seperate quests one is able just to do at one's leisure?

3. What other ingredients are in Skooma other than my beloved sugar? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

4. I wouldn't mind a subtle clue (i.e, no spoilers!) on the next direction I should take in the 'disappearance of the dwemer' quest, given by that dolt Trebonius. I've done all of Edwinna's quests and have three dwemer texts, but need to get them translated. One clue from Henesphat in Balmora was to seek an "old Telvanni mage" yet so far, I've not been succesful. A good clue would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Cerebrodragon
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote