Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 05:10 AM   #1
Traute
The Magister

Has anyone tried to give a ring/bracelet/armor blessed with regeneration to a Vampire? Does it work?
I know Lifesteal does work, which should put a Vampire in the clear. I'd like to play one, for a challenge.

And do they get different portraits?

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 08:00 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The vampire ring certainly slows down the HP loss - I tested it for about 15 mins by letting Adrianna "Bite Me" and taking the ring as a prize (patched version only, else game freezes when ring is equipped) - never suffered any of the usuall HP drain in that period. The test never went any further than that - I reloaded and toasted them all.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 09:00 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Traute -

Won't it be even MORE challenging if it doesn't work?? Just kidding!

I would think it would work - but I never tried so don't know if a self enchanted item will work as the vampire ring does (patched version)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:32 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I once had a character that became a Vamp. He had a +5 regen armor and I didn't see any changes in the drop of HP from wearing the armor or not.

Sorry, I don't think it works.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:39 AM   #5
Traute
The Magister

Wyv, of course, but OTOH I don't want to be kept on my toes all the time. I could always go back and get bitten by poor, lonely Lysandra whom I didn't kill, and see what happens. I'm just trying to find a reason to start another game, as I'm on holidays. I expect Summoner will arrive tomorrow, but it's RT and I HATE Real Time games. It will join the lemons on my shelf the very first time it's gets me mad, I'm sure!

Ryanamur, in that case Lifesteal will have to do. Maybe I'll just take a trip to Shurugeon and test it with my present team.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote