Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Yes, it's the dreaded party 'stuttering' where they just stop after walking a couple of feet. I have all patches, the fixpack, tactics and the darkest day installed at the moment. But before you all point the finger at poor old TDD, it has happened in 'regular' games to me as well.

My current party is just me (who isn't affected) and Tashia (the sorceress mod). It happened yesterday on a trip to Athkatla after i'd just picked up Jan in the slums. I ended up reloading the game to an earlier save where it wasn't occuring. The fact the earlier save didn't have the same problem tells me it isn't the engine as such (which would have developed the glitch and it would have shown up in my earlier savegame).

[EDIT] for clarification: If it was a game engine problem, I would expect it to affect *all* subsequent play, including play from an earlier safe game [/EDIT]

So today, I went a different route, and I've just emerged from this underground cave system into the open air and it's happened again. My save from just before exit still works fine - Tashia can walk with impunity. The moment she steps outside, she's afflicted. This remains if she goes back inside incidentally.

I've tried killing and resurrecting her in the folorn hope she would be 'reset' to normal but to no avail. Do any of the people familiar with the insides of the game know why this happens? It also interrupts her attacking incidentally, even when she's standing still. She'll just stop and need to be re-issued commands.

The fact that it happened in the slums seems to absolve TDD from blame in some respects and also the fact that about 40 gaming days have passed in this game so far, almost all with Tashia in the party, makes me wonder why it would suddenly happen at this point in time if it was something wrong with the AI coding.

Thanks in advance

[ 03-11-2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Does Tashia have any items that grant regeneration?
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:23 AM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Nope, fraid not
Old 03-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Have you tried turning AI off or changing her AI script to 'none'?
Old 03-12-2004, 12:37 PM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Yup, I never run AI scripts for my characters usually, and I always have AI off.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:42 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Thoughts of khalid spring to mind

(sorry can't help )

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:47 AM   #7
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Ease of Use multi-romance?
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #8
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Ah thank you Assassin, but i'd tried that already after trawling the Bioware forums for the same problem.

So, for the information of people who have the same problem, after a *long* time spent 'uninstall mod, play game, uninstall next mod, play game ad infinitum' the problem originated with the happy patch written specifically for Tashia. Uninstall that, and it all goes away.

Thank you all for your efforts [img]smile.gif[/img]