Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 09:38 PM   #1
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

If anyone is starting with a mage, i was wondering what familiar they use. I have the panther now and enjoy it much. Him and that half-orc NPC seem to kill things rather fast. It is almost dissapointing that they kill them before i have time to cast a spell on anyone. I'm hoping that towards the end I become of more importance to my own party. I'm assuming the high level spells are good. Also, i did get the video card driver and it runs nicely.
Old 06-22-2002, 07:39 AM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiresius:
If anyone is starting with a mage, i was wondering what familiar they use. I have the panther now and enjoy it much. Him and that half-orc NPC seem to kill things rather fast. It is almost dissapointing that they kill them before i have time to cast a spell on anyone. I'm hoping that towards the end I become of more importance to my own party. I'm assuming the high level spells are good. Also, i did get the video card driver and it runs nicely.
You could always go tangle with some Vampires, Balors, or Dragons...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 10:36 AM   #3
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

^ I'll have to pass on that for now. I had another question about wizards to ask. I read that when the familiar dies, you loose 1d6 hit points. is that 1d6 damage or loose 1d6 maximum hitpoints? Also...i was looking at the higher level spells...is shapechange going to be as good as it sounds? its not just wizards; i think druids and mabey clerics too, but you shape change into a DRAGON!?! Is that as good as it sounds or is it going to be a miniature, sucky dragon? that spell really improved from 2nd edition D&D (though mind flayers were cool). I just think it would be cool to see two dragon fighting eachother...that would be a great screen shoot. Or Balor vs. Balor. i hope that spell isnt a dud.