Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 02:02 PM   #1
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

Are there any quests which decrease reputation? I've got Viconia in my party and I know she leaves if the rep reaches 18. I've already played through the game with her but I had the evil override tweaky thing so she wouldn't leave. However, this seemed to limit interaction between my npcs, because the only arguments were Viconia winding Aerie up a couple of times and Valygar once. Or maybe it was because my party wasn't very interactive (Me, Aerie, Minsc, Viconia, Valygar, Imoen. Nalia and Yoshimo spent quite a bit of time in the group aswell.) I'm annoyed because I keep picking up rep points. Must be my charm and personality .

Also, I have Haer'dalis and Aerie in my current party so they're having their conversations, but I'm romancing Aerie aswell (and Viconia and Jaheira. Ooh, it's a good time in fake-life). I know that Haer'dalis will challenge me sometime, but does this have to lead to a duel to the death? I'm actually happy to let him have her if he asked nicely. But I don't want to say something nasty to her, because then I'll feel guilty. Yes, I'm a sad prat. Hmm, guess I'll probably have to kill him and get Jan back when this little duel comes. Pity, I like Haer'dalis. I'd rather be him than me actually. But I'm babbling now so I'll go away and find some monkeys to poke for a while.

[ 09-19-2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Firim Silraven ]
Old 09-19-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
Fiend
Manshoon

For the rep, either try shadow keeper or kill some peasants. There may be some quests but I cant remember.
For Haer'dalis you can give him your blessing and it wont lead to a fight.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:20 PM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

To lower your rep, just get a thief with poor pickpocketing skills, and then find a useless merchant somewhere in the city, and failing to steal something will lower your rep by 2.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:21 PM   #4
Fiend
Manshoon

Wuakeens Promenade and the merchant, all alone in his veggie looking shop come to mind.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:33 PM   #5
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

Thanks, I think I'll have to head back to Athkatla and lure a couple of peasants to me using Viconia's ample charms. Or I could set off a fireball in the slums. Nice.

Hmm, pickpocketing. Something I've only done once, and it was on Korgan, so I had to kill him. I'll find this veggie merchant and get Haer'dalis to have a go. It's reassueing that I don' have to kill him. I'll give him his dove, I've already romanced her in my last game. But Viconia isn't half hard work. Talk about touchy! Say something perfectly innocent and she bites my head off.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:19 PM   #6
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

If you don't have Anomen, Mazzy or Keldorn along you could collect the ransom for the hostage noblewoman instead of freeing her at the conclusion of the man burieid alive quest.

This is the only non-evil way of losing reputation that I know of.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:37 PM   #7
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Simple thing to do is not do any quests that give Reputation. Or, do it this way.

Kill loads of people and make your rep drop to 1. Then do loads of Rep Point quests. You'll get about 7 point. That is a rep of 8! Means Evil parties don't have to miss out on all the good quests, because they get reputation at the end!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 04:58 PM   #8
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj:
If you don't have Anomen, Mazzy or Keldorn along you could collect the ransom for the hostage noblewoman instead of freeing her at the conclusion of the man burieid alive quest.

This is the only non-evil way of losing reputation that I know of.
Strange... I have thought ransoming is evil...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 05:04 PM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Well, strictly yes, but if you have dealt with any of the athkaltan nobles you know that they deserve no better. Besides she doesn't suffer any harm and her contact/family is quite willing to pay. (You might be supprised about the ransom prize though).
Old 09-20-2002, 06:23 PM   #10
Vedran
Lord Soth

So, you would kill Nalia's aunt (that ungrateful hag)? I will not argue, but lawful char would never ransom.
And, true enough, the prize is extraordinary. Too bad that B.M.U. is useless...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote