Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I'm a level 33 Night Elf hunter. I've done the Deadmines, the Stockade, Westfall, Duskwood , Redridge , Ashenvale and Darkshire, and I've just moved onto Stranglethorn Vale. I'm not levelling up quick enough while I'm doing the quests. I went in at 32, and done about 7 quests and I'm only just 33.

Is there a better place to hunt for my level?

Should I focus on quests or grinding? If grinding what should I grind?

Any advice for me being a hunter?
Old 06-04-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Have you tried Arathi Highlands? Good stuff there, STV gets sooooooo old. I think my mage lived there. Also Swamp of Sorrows (maybe? cant remeber) Feralis maybe, lots of places [img]smile.gif[/img] What server are you on?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Arathgi is fun too, medieval looking with castles etc. as opposed to the STV jungle setting. That said, there are strings of quests all close together in STV, don't underestimate them.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:28 AM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I'm on the English Earthen Ring. It's ok, but the problem with having to turn your PVP on to fight is a bit rubbish.

I'll have a look at Arathi now.

I have another question; my skinning is at 230, but my leatherworking is at 130. I'm starting to get heavy leather from beasts, but I can only use medium leather at the moment. It seems to be taking ages to get it up, any ideas of what I should do from leatherworkers out there?
Old 06-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
I'm on the English Earthen Ring. It's ok, but the problem with having to turn your PVP on to fight is a bit rubbish.

I'll have a look at Arathi now.

I have another question; my skinning is at 230, but my leatherworking is at 130. I'm starting to get heavy leather from beasts, but I can only use medium leather at the moment. It seems to be taking ages to get it up, any ideas of what I should do from leatherworkers out there?
I don't what level your on, but you have to be facing 26+ monsters to be getting Heavy Leather. If you need medium, just fight monsters 20-26. Also, if you just want to "power level" your leatherworking up to use heavy leather, simply buy a crapload of medium leather from the AH (sensibly though).
Once you get heavy, you'll be very satisfied. Also, read my post below.

Ivellis, have you tried Thousand Needles. While it is primarily an Orc area, you can make it a great place for skinning and questing. Simply travel to Gadgeztan in Tanaris desert, get the flight path. Now you can fly to Tanaris, and walk a short distance to the Mirage Raceway in Thousand needles. The goblins give you great XP, money, and other stuff. The monsters you fight there are skinning galore. Not to mention you make great cash. Basiliks in particular, are a great mob to grind. You kill em, get great body parts to sell, and skin for medium and/or heavy leather. Scorpids are also great. You'll also find birds for other great body parts.

Swamp of Sorrows is a higher level region, and mainly a horde area. I'd recommend 37+ for Swamp of Sorrows.

Arathi as mentioned before, gives you lots of great oppurtunites, and a relief from the jungle beat. Also, you can try Desolace. The monsters might be a bit tough for your level, but you will find a few pocket of areas with mobs your level. Desolace is great for levels (30-40), and I started at level 33 like yourself. You will also find (start drooling) better basiliks with better and more frequent body part drops, and excellent skinning.

1 hour of grinding basiliks in Desolace and I'd make something like 3+gp along with getting decent XP, and lots of thick/heavy leather (granted i fought the higher level basiliks).
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:39 AM   #6
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I started fighting 30+ Young Stranglethorn Tigers/Panthers at 33. Now at 34 I am fighting level 36/37 Goblins/Shadowmaw Panthers (Solo) for quests. I just did the whole Hunting quest to get the Master Hunters Bow, which is nice.

I was getting medium leather and sometimes heavy leather from the Young Tigers, then more heavy and less medium as it got higher.

I bought loads of Medium Leather at the Auction House (the cheapest buyouts, bah, I'm so lazy) and got it up to 165, so now I'm up to making things with Heavy Leather among other things.

Do you have to be 35 or 40 to get Artisan Leatherworking?
And the same question above, but for First Aid?

I'll try a Thousand Needles tonight, thanks!

[ 06-06-2005, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 AM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
I started fighting 30+ Young Stranglethorn Tigers/Panthers at 33. Now at 34 I am fighting level 36/37 Goblins/Shadowmaw Panthers (Solo) for quests. I just did the whole Hunting quest to get the Master Hunters Bow, which is nice.

I was getting medium leather and sometimes heavy leather from the Young Tigers, then more heavy and less medium as it got higher.

I bought loads of Medium Leather at the Auction House (the cheapest buyouts, bah, I'm so lazy) and got it up to 165, so now I'm up to making things with Heavy Leather among other things.

Do you have to be 35 or 40 to get Artisan Leatherworking?
And the same question above, but for First Aid?

I'll try a Thousand Needles tonight, thanks!
As far as I know, there is no required level for artisan leatherworking. I think you just need your skill up at 200, and 5gp.

First Aid I have no clue what to do. I think you can get artisan first aid from a quest in Ironforge
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote