Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2002, 02:16 PM   #121
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Hullo, Attalus! I passed through your "neck of the woods" yesterday; right through downtown Wills Point on my way back from Louisiana. All the construction on the I-20 near Canton and then with it being "First Monday" made me decide to take a detour onto old highway 80 and take in in to Dallas instead.

Hi, Cloudy! Glad to know you had fun at the Renfaire. I'm not going to be on MSN this evening; I have a tutoring job at 6:30 pm (old friend taking statistics and getting her rump roundly trounced by it, so it's a favor), but I will be on tomorrow PM.

Cheers,
-Saz
You passed through "Downtown Wills Point?" I hope the excitement didn't make you pass out from sheer exhaustion! LOL. Did you have a good time in Louisiana. I always do.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:28 PM   #122
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
You passed through "Downtown Wills Point?" I hope the excitement didn't make you pass out from sheer exhaustion! LOL. Did you have a good time in Louisiana. I always do.
LOL, yeah, I know what you mean! Actually I enjoyed the back way, though. You miss so much of the "local color" being on the Interstate. Saw a lot of little curb markets along the way. I stopped at a rather large one and bought a watermelon to take back to Denton. There's just something kind of neat about small-town curb markets.

It also amused me how many Dairy Queens there were along the way. It reminded me of the saying "You know yo're in a small town in Texas when everyone gives directions in relation to the Dairy Queen." [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

I had fun in Louisiana (went to see my folks for the weekend) but I was glad to get back home. I spent about an hour that evening balling and deseeding the watermelon so I have a lot of little containers of it for my lunches this week.

Cheers,
-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-05-2002, 04:57 PM   #123
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hi all. anyone been up to much?
Old 08-05-2002, 05:11 PM   #124
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Nope, bugger all. My two best friends are in Scotland, my other mate is in Barcelona, and my strange euroasian friend is in Indonesia. I hate to think what she's bought back from said place this time...last time I got a really ugly wooden carving which I named Boris and stuck on my wardrobe

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:12 PM   #125
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Evening everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm extremely happy tonight, and I'd like to say I love you all. Even Johnny. *smacks Johnny*

Saz! I thought our friendly mod had vanished off the face of the planet for a wee while there. [img]smile.gif[/img] Glad to hear you enjoyed yourseld.

*sighs happily* [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 05:15 PM   #126
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaltia:
[QB]Nope, bugger all. My two best friends are in Scotland,

Ach... what did they do wrong? And how long does thei penance last? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 05:17 PM   #127
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Nope, bugger all. My two best friends are in Scotland, my other mate is in Barcelona, and my strange euroasian friend is in Indonesia. I hate to think what she's bought back from said place this time...last time I got a really ugly wooden carving which I named Boris and stuck on my wardrobe [/QUOTE]poor u. well, dont worry, Im sure u can just play nwns and forget about it all [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 05:18 PM   #128
Kaltia
Jack Burton

[quote]Originally posted by Jerome:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
[QB]Nope, bugger all. My two best friends are in Scotland,

Ach... what did they do wrong? And how long does thei penance last? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
heh...I was about to say Don't be mean to the Scottish then looked to see where you came from Nowt, they went on holiday...together...without ME!!!!!!!! *cries on a random shoulder*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:19 PM   #129
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

poor you. I *would* offer my shoulder but... oh go on then *sigh* they shouldnt leave u. baaaaaaad them.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:24 PM   #130
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
poor you. I *would* offer my shoulder but... oh go on then *sigh* they shouldnt leave u. baaaaaaad them.
*cries* Now, let's go and raze neverwinter!