Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2002, 09:30 AM   #41
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*glares* I dont *care* about the other races! lol, that sounds childish, but they COULDA payed more attention to elves. I mean, it COULD have been a diologue option! bah. It wouldnt have taken more then a few kb! *grumbles*
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:30 AM   #42
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I *DO* care about the other races, I *always* play Half-elf [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:02 PM   #43
MagiK

<font color="#33cc33">Dance class?

Ok, I admit I haven't read any of the previous portions, but dance class just seems so....out of character [img]smile.gif[/img] But that is just me. Good reading Thanks Attalus [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Old 11-08-2002, 01:21 PM   #44
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Magik, Veldren thinks so, too.
EDIT: to add, I put it in to contrast the peaceful mood in Baldur's Gate with the warlike atmosphere of the Drow raid.

[ 11-08-2002, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:46 PM   #45
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, Magik, Veldren thinks so, too.
EDIT: to add, I put it in to contrast the peaceful mood in Baldur's Gate with the warlike atmosphere of the Drow raid.
<font color="#33cc33">You put dance class in to contrast a drow raid? You could have made him take up the accordion [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, Im not criticising, was just kinda thrown off balance by "dance class" </font>
Old 11-10-2002, 02:00 PM   #46
Gammit
Elminster

Awesome writing, At! Keep it up!
Old 11-13-2002, 06:30 PM   #47
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Thanks, Gammit. Finally got a little spare time, so I wrote some more.

Veldren at first hung back with his parents as Imoen scouted ahead of the little party. But, soon he grew restive, and his pride was hurt a bit to see the small lithe figure of his aunt repeatedly disappearing into the threatening shadows as re stayed in relative safety. Soon, he began to follow her, to the accompaniment of many comments like, "Shh, you make enough noise to awaken a deaf orc, let alone a drow elf!" It was amazing, and humbling, to see Imoen flitting along, making not a sound from shadow to shadow as though invisible.
Once, he slid a bit on a pebble, and the resultant noise roused a Hook Horror which had been feeding on a dead creature, unidentifiable in the darkness. It roared and lunged for him, and he took to his very fleet heels back to his parents. As it lumbered past, Imoen stabbed it in the knee joint with her poisoned dagger, evaded its clumsy stroke at her, then fled after Veldren.
Viconia was already casting spells when the pair rejoined the rest. Veldren immediately felt bigger, stronger, and braver under her magical glamours. As the Hook Horror came around the last bend, already limping from the poisoned wound in its knee, it spotted the group and charged, reaching first for Imoen, whom it seemed to recognize as the one who had poisoned it.
Its attack was spoiled as Attalus and Viconia struck hard with their sword and hammer. Carsomyr particularly dealt it a slashing blow, lopping off one of the hook-like arms. The beast roared and struck wildly with it's remaining extremity at Veldren, who managed to parry it with both his scimitars, getting splashed by the ichor flowing from the stump of the thing's other arm. Viconia shreiked at this attack on her son, and dealt the creature a stunning blow to the head, denting the carapace and cracking it in one place. Imoen, who had sneaked off behind the Hook Horror once its attention was diverted from her, drove another poisoned blade into its other knee.
Unable to retain its stance with both limbs poisoned and rapidly paralysing, the Hook Horror fell to the ground, where they all pounded and slashed until it quit twitching. Only then did Viconia round upon Veldren who was staring at the monster's still body. "Veldren," she blazed, and Imoen risked a wink at her amused brother. She sounded just like she had when Veldren had been a baby and knocked over a vase. "Did some blunder of yours rouse this vermin?"
"Ye...yes, Mother," he answered reluctantly.
"If you are going to be in your aunt's way," she replied with some asperity, "you can just stay back with your father and me. She does not require your help."
Chastened, he stayed with his parents until they finally reached a point where rough cave floor gave way to tiled flooring. The Gate of Ust'Natha reared high above them, and was closed tight.
Knowing that they might be observed, Imoen quickly brought out her bag and withdrew the contents. Immediately, the vicinity was lit with a day-like glow. It was an exact replica of the huge glowing pillars that Drow cities used for light, and had been made by a Deep Gnome artisan by her request but Attalus' money. Imoen was known for being careful with her cash. Viconia approached it and placed, on the table-like top, the whip of the slain Drow cleric, Shal'drissa. They then melted back into the gloom. They got back to the entrance without further adventure.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:20 PM   #48
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

hehehhe. Poor Veldren.. hehe. Lol, I could just picture Viccy saying that great work Att keep posting.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:26 AM   #49
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Thanks, CD> More.

It did not take long for the guards at the gate to notice the glow outside though their cunningly-constructed peepholes. At first they thought it was a fire, but, when it did not burn down, their leader opened the gate and, all the time alert for attack, examined the thing. He could not but admire the workmanship of the gnome's creation, but his attention was immediately riveted on the snake-headed whip on the top. He quickly decided that this was above his station and reported the column to his commander, who quickly came to the scene.
This was a Drow cleric named Abondier. She carefully probed the structure for traps, and finding none, picked up the whip, which she immediately identified as Shal'drissa's. She had known the Despana woman well, though not liking her at all. greeting the news that she had met her end at the hands of despised Surfacers with grim satisfaction. Now she was holding her whip in her own hands. Obviously, this had been placed here by the rivvil that had killed her, or their commanders. What could be their motive? A peace offering? She sneered to herself at such weakness. Then, as she shifted, she heard an object roll around in the handle of the whip. Carefully removing the lid, she was astonished when a roundish object, resembling a glass eye, rolled out into her shrinking palm. A letter was attached, the envelope of which read, in clear, graceful drow script, "Guard, take this to any Matron Mother." Abondier would have loved to open it herself, but she knew better. She took it directly to her own Matron, Ravage D'Ortan.
Matron Ravage received the missive with somewhat less than enthusiasm, but had to agree that her daughter had done right for once. To have taken it to another Matron would have decreased her prestige, which was none too high. D'Ortan was a small House, and making it rise was her obsession. Curiously, she opened the envelope, extracting the letter. Again, a fluent hand had written: "The object that this letter is attached to contains a message. It is most urgent that it be opened at the meeting of all the Matron Mothers of Ust'Natha." It was unsigned, but there was the pillar, which she had Abondier installing in her courtyard that instant, and there was the whip of the deceased cleric. She decided to show the thing to the other Matrons at their monthly meeting, which was only three days off.
In the meantime, many rumors had been circulating in Ust'Natha of the mysterious gift from the surface and its strange attachment. When the meeting of Matron Mothers was called to order, the first to rise was Lutecia Despana, sister to the dead Shal'drissa and matron of her House. "Matron Mothers," she began harshly, "it has come to my attention that the rivvil have sent us a message attached to the whip of my late sister. I also hear that Matron Ravage is in possession of the objects. Should we not know of this?" There was a buzz of comment which was stilled immediately by the gavel of the presiding Matron, Bumare DoTurcomin. "We should, indeed, Matron Lutecia," she answered. Ravage, what can you tell us of this?"
Old 11-14-2002, 11:38 AM   #50
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

thanks for posting Att. nice.. hmm, Matron Mothers meeting,.. *grins at potential for bloody battle* heh, keep writing, its getting intresting.