Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 10:04 PM   #1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finished off the amazoni mantraps near Ishad N'ha with the help of a billion flamedrops but the Boogre Caves have something like them with a different name (J something) and there are like 3 in a small hallway, I killed one with flamedrop but I died right after that (I reached them after I killed the queen boogre lady) Just wanted to know, whats behind them, is it worth getting, and how do u kill them without dying.
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 10:10 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

They're called Jungle Lilys, and before you fight the ones right after the boogre queen, I suggest you get your characters unboogrified, the best thing to do with Jungle Lilys is to attack outside of their range, retreat, wait for them to come within range, attack, retreat, repeat, repeat, repeat.........
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 10:13 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Jungle Lilies. Yes, they're a jumped-up version of the Mantraps.

You need a lot of fire spells to take them out, or stone spells. Ice spells (under Moon magic) will work, too (iceberg lettuce is great this season )

They're in two different locations in the Boogre caves. If they're on the same side where you killed S'Keser Da, you're on your way to the exit. If you're characters are still boogred, though, you'll need to trek back all the way to the far side of the caves (west, I think) and find some MORE Jungle Lilies. You have to do something there (hint hint) with the Boogre Queen's eye to find an Idol which will transform your characters back to normal.

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 10:19 PM   #4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok where and what do I do with the eye to get the idol?

------------------
Old 10-14-2001, 01:29 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay. Once you get the eye, go all the way back through the "blasting rooms" (where you teleport) back out to the main Boogre chambers. Keep going west (near where you entered from the cage) and follow the path all the way back to the west, then north. You'll see another Jungle Lily in the hallway. Kill it, and proceed north to a small chamber. On the west wall (left side) you'll see a receptacle called an "ornate orbistal". Use the eye on the receptacle, and get ready! The stone to the north will retract, revealing a lower chamber with 3-4 more Lilies!! Kill them with ranged spells, then enter the lower chamber.

You'll find the Idol of Aku at the far north. Click on it with each of your characters and you'll be back to normal.

One other hint: If invoked, the Eye will give one of your characters the "Evil Eye" trait (a gaze weapon similar to the Naga's power). To get it for all your characters, plug it back into the Orbistal, then have someone else retrieve it and use it. Repeat for all characters.

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 11:18 AM   #6
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok last question I promise, how do you use traits
Old 10-14-2001, 11:38 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi newbie!

Traits, once you aquire them, just get used/applied. You don't have to do anything.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 11:46 AM   #8
jsalsb
Elminster

To use the evil eye trait in combat, click on the trait circle in the panel on the lower left of your screen (defaults to dragon breath, but brings up a serving of whatever usable offensive traits that character has.. evil eye, shadow colak, etc.) Use the trait in combat as you would select a spell to cast.
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 01:17 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

jsalsb - ah! Thanks for catching that - I wasn't thinking of things like EVIL EYE and the like so definately gave the wrong info!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 04:02 PM   #10
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

welcome newbie! Jungle Lilies were a LOT of fun isn't it

keep us posted about your progress!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote