Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Activate all the feedback messages and see if you are actually doing damage to them. Use "space" frequently to analyze info and adapt strategy.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I think the only way to get any scrolls now would be to restore before you went into the throne room and replay from there. Bozos has a good idea about pausing the game and looking over the messages to see what's actually happening, and who, if anyone, is getting any hits in.

I'm still puzzled, though, as to why the mage isn't appearing.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:53 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

The twins leave the first room when one of them gets to 3/4 of health. Game over at 1/4 health. Not time based.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:17 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I remember that Madae's status was "hurt" when they retreated from the throneroom. But i never got to that in the second room. I think i'll try to get some of those scrolls before going to the throneroom. My last savegame is at the top of the Wartower. It's not too late for that, is it ?
Old 01-05-2004, 03:32 PM   #15
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Ummm...if that's where you had a big fight and then you go downstairs and meet the guy who takes you to the throne room...it's too late. There's no way off the top except the stairs, and no way to avoid being ported to the twins.

The thing is, this second fight should not be as hard as the first one was. Have you watched the messages? Are you getting any hits in on either twin? If so, concentrate on that one.

Nightowl2
Old 01-05-2004, 05:19 PM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
No, like i said, i was attacking them with everything i had, for about 10/15 minutes. I even had my sorcerer summon several monsters on them, like Caco Fiends, and level 7 and 8 monsters. And after all that time, they were still only "barely injured". That's when i exited the game, because i had the idea i was going nowhere this way. Perhaps i should have had a little more patience ?
Old 01-05-2004, 07:53 PM   #17
Nightowl2
Galvatron

In that amount of time, you should have been able to do more damage to at least one of them. Something doesn't seem right here. Did you do any hex-editing of the characters or use a cheat program of some kind? Other than that, all I can come up with is that you may have run into some sort of strange bug. Perhaps replaying from your last save (top of the tower if I recall rightly) will clear things up. Good luck!

Nightowl2
Old 01-05-2004, 11:40 PM   #18
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
No, like i said, i was attacking them with everything i had, for about 10/15 minutes. I even had my sorcerer summon several monsters on them, like Caco Fiends, and level 7 and 8 monsters. And after all that time, they were still only "barely injured". That's when i exited the game, because i had the idea i was going nowhere this way. Perhaps i should have had a little more patience ?
Try again and look in the feedback if you are doing any damage.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #19
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

IIRC evil doesn't like electricity.
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote