Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #91
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
OK, I decided I don't like it anymore now - my scraper broke trying to scrape the ice off my car!
Welcome to snow-world, where the ice breaks everything you own and then laughs at you behind your back.

No, really! It's true! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:06 AM   #92
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Memnoch with all your praying for snow I hope with this long weekend you will hitting a ski slope to see it in all it's true beauty. By the way the drifts in my backyard are waist high so stop praying for snow already.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #93
Chewbacca
Zartan

Here ya go Memnoch! Just in time for St. Patty's!!! It was like almost 70 degrees just two days ago and now almost a foot of snow! Aint we lucky!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #94
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
OK, I decided I don't like it anymore now - my scraper broke trying to scrape the ice off my car!
Welcome to snow-world, where the ice breaks everything you own and then laughs at you behind your back.

No, really! It's true! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Oh no, it laughs right in your face, as you fall on your backside.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #95
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Was 83 on Wednesday. Today we got a boatload of freezing rain and sleet and snow all the day long, temps in the 30's.

As for snow and/or ice, my advice is to shovel it from around your car sooner rather than later (later makes it harden into an ice block overnight LOL). And definitely keep an eye out for the plows that will toss a heap of snow along the sidewalks and at the ends of people's driveways.

I remember years ago when I lived in an apartment, if it snowed a lot wherein we all had to dig out our parking spaces, we'd all place a lawn chair or some such in our parking places when we left. Cause, you know, it would suck to spend a lot of time digging your parking space out just for some lame ass to take it over the second you leave it LOL. Oh yeah, no doubt the more snow accumulation, the more things crank up re parking space protectiveness, it can get ugly LOL.

I remember 8 or so years ago we got a really big snow storm that gave us 3 1/2 feet of snow. The next day it sleeted on top of the snow so everyone ended up having to shovel these humongous rock hard mounds to dig out (again shovelling ahead of time while it is accumulating and before it turns to ice is the key to saving yourself from shovel misery!). Well this guy confronted me in the parking lot as I'm digging out my 3 feet of rock snow behind my car. He tells me I'm putting my snow piles too close to his car! Dude already shoveled his own parking space and put most of his snow in the pile behind my car (making the mound a good 4 feet high). He had some nerve telling me to not do to him basically what he did to me. When he crabbed at me, yelling at me from his apartment balcony, I was a good 2 hours in the shovelling, and in NO mood for his complaining. I dared him to stop me from how I was digging myself out, and probably sounded kinda crazy for emphasis let's just say LOL. I was surprised he didn't come running out and we then ensued in some hateful snow slinging incident LOL.

Glad I don't live in an apartment complex anymore, don't miss it!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote