Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 04:02 AM   #1
lethoso
Manshoon

i have recently been listening to lacrimosa heaps, just spent a whole day listening to em, have not done that with much else before.... They are damn awesome.... i seriously recommend listening to them, they are quite different from anything else i have heard... Anyone else out there listen to them?
Old 09-08-2002, 04:23 AM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No i have never hear about lacrimosa!

[ 09-08-2002, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 09-08-2002, 05:41 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Yeah, I know Lacrimosa. I love the arrangements of the songs and the instrumental aspect, but the singer starts to grate on my nerves after a while, he really can't sing
Still, a cool band and they have some really great songs [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: HOLY CRAP! What's *THAT* next to my post?? Eeeeeeeek! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

[ 09-08-2002, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 09-08-2002, 05:56 AM   #4
lethoso
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Yeah, I know Lacrimosa. I love the arrangements of the songs and the instrumental aspect, but the singer starts to grate on my nerves after a while, he really can't sing
that's a little harsh.... he is not that bad... or it might be that he is singing in a foreign language so i don't notice as much.... but he has cool hair [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2002, 06:01 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by lethoso:
that's a little harsh.... he is not that bad... or it might be that he is singing in a foreign language so i don't notice as much.... but he has cool hair [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL, not harsh at all, he really can't sing! Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, there are lots of singers lacking in technical skill who make up for it with originality, charisma or sheer enthusiasm, but trust me, after a while he'll start to grate on your nerves ever so slightly. Still, I didn't say I didn't like the band, in fact I think they're pretty good! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
If you like that kind of music, you might want to try some Nightwish, Therion or Angizia as well BTW [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2002, 06:15 AM   #6
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Where are Lacrimosa from? Can you describe their tunes? I'm always on the lookout for more good music to add to my library [img]smile.gif[/img] .

And Mel, I have no idea what that God-Awful avatar is supposed to be. Must be a pretty recent addition though, as most members of your rank have all of a sudden got him doing his beautiful 'just-been-kicked-in-the-balls' face alongside their posts as of today.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:23 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Lacrimosa could best be described as a sort of gothic rock I suppose... They often use classical orchestras as well and at least one album that I know of stole heavily from Mozart. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Heavy guitars, male and female vocals (sometimes choirs), lyrics mostly in German, gothy atmosphere... It's definitely a 'love it or hate it' kinda band though... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I believe they're from Austria or Germany.
Oh and don't get me started on the avatar... *shudder* Think I prefer the one I have on Pandemonium
The Egyptian avatar I had before was really cool too... want it back! [img]graemlins/5bloodymurder.gif[/img]

[ 09-08-2002, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 09-08-2002, 06:29 AM   #8
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
don't get me started on the avatar... *shudder* Think I prefer the one I have on Pandemonium
Me too. Mmmmm.....Angelina Jolie. She's hot even when she plays a heroin addict.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:00 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Me too. Mmmmm.....Angelina Jolie. She's hot even when she plays a heroin addict.
LOL, as a matter of fact I can usually take her or leave her - not really my type. But in the pic used for that avatar's just really cool! Love the expression on her face