Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #71
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Though outwardly he showed no sign of it yet, Nivram had slowly sobered up, and with that his depressiveness lessened.

The young boy had seemed to have taken leadership of this small, improvised group, and although he might not be the best for that, Nivram didn't really care.

Being able to think clearly had also shown to Nivram that introducing himself a bit further might be better.

"As I said my name is Nivram. I am the son of a farmer, not skilled in many areas, but if you would take me against these bandits I might be able to help you."

Going to new places might help me get some news of my sister, and if there is any treasure I could use my share of it to pay people to look for her. - he thought to himself.

"Oh and sorry about my previous behaviour" - he said referring to the unfortunate scene next to the tree by the bridge a few hours ago. - "I wasn't in the best of moods last night, and had quite a few drinks too many."

[ 08-01-2005, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 08-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #72
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"My name is Isokla." the girl informed them all simply, "And I thank you all for your aid." Her eyes flickered briefly at Zak in distaste, but it was only a glancing look and her pale blue orbs soon moved onto Ydalon as she pointed avoided gazing at Detheriel. Rising to her feet, she nodded to each of them, standing as though she had not been wounded at all. Locking her eyes upon Ydalon, she finally finished, "A noteworthy goal, but one of which I must decline. I appriecate your aid, truly I do, but I feel the time has come for us to part ways. I require nothing further of you, and I fear I can only give you my thanks as pay, but I wish you all the luck with your task."

Isokla inclined her head, though her eyes were still locked with Ydalon's, narrowed though they were. With a small smile, that was all of a bare twist of her lips she reached into her bandage and withdrew a small, wrapped, bloodstained package and tossed it to him. "Healing herbs," she stated by way of explaination. "Although, that perhaps, is too broad a term. Shall we just say that I know something of gathering and using certain plants in order to congeal blood and help the wound mend. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to tend to myself - and sew this injury up." Her smile grew warm and her face lit up, revealing her beauty to the full. Were it not for a dark twist in her eyes that promised retribution to those who did this to her, her beauty would have been complete. As it was, the darker tone in her eyes was brief and barely detectable. Then the look faded as she smiled once more, nodded again to each of them and turned to leave, without saying a word to Detheriel...

Ydalon: By the way Isokla looks at you and locks her eyes, it is clear that she is withholding something.
To anyone else who knows anything about the skill 'herbalism' - it is obvious that herbs alone cannot heal an injury seemingly that severe in such a short time.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #73
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni looks at her and nods, giving her a semi bow, a soft smile on her face, not noticing the dark look in her face. "Good luck to you then, Isokla, however, I would like to ask you to camp with us until you are fully healed, as it is unwise to run around wounded"

Kagarioni turns to the rest of the group and says, "As for our current idea, while I am in agreement that we need to, I think that we should also gain more information about them.. and ask our mysterious friend" pointing to Ansolon "why he's here. "

Kagarioni doesn't really trust him, but keeps it out of her tone and eyes as she remains calm. Kagarioni looks at Zak curiously ".. and no offense, but why are you a mercenary?"

[ 08-01-2005, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 08-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #74
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Twirling several strands of silvery hair in her hand, Isokla looked at Kagarioni oddly for a moment and then smiled, "I thank you for your concern, but really... I will be quite well, I assure you."

Releasing her hair, she allowed it to fall to its full length as she glanced at her bloodied dress in distaste. Securing her satchel and insuring it was firmly against her left hip, the young woman nodded to the woman warrior and added, "Unless you have anything further to say, I must depart." With a slight frown, Isokla gripped her staff experimentally as she took her first few unaided steps, again, pointedly avoiding Detheriel. It seemed as though she was reluctant to thank or say farewell to the man. Pausing once more, Isokla added to Kagarioni, her tone milder "I wish you well, and hope that one day, you'll understand a woman's duty is not to her blade nor armour. I pray you live long enough to discover that day." In spite her soft words, her eyes were distant, though there was a hidden apology within them - perhaps for her first impressions of the girl. "Maybe one day we'll meet again, though I doubt it."

---
OOC:
Edit - Again, Isokla ignores everyone save for the person she addresses. Its one of her quirks. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-01-2005, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 08-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #75
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni nods as she looks at Isokla, inwardly noting the apology, and giving her a smile, her short brown hair bracketing her face "Thank you. And hopefully, we will meet again." Kagarioni doesn't comment on her statement about her relative womanhood, probably choosing to ignore it or dismiss it. Or simply choosing not to think about it.

Kagarioni looks at them curiously as Isokla prepares to leave, leaning on her sword slightly as she waits for them to talk, expecting them to have comments

[ 08-01-2005, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 08-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #76
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

As it became clear that Isokla was deliberately ignoring him, Detheriel stared fixedly at the ground in front, focusing on the damp blades of grass that carpeted this area of forest.

Angrily he pulled at the turf, twisting the same handful of earth around his fingers again and again. He listened to the conversation between herself and Kagarioni, but failed to take in the words, his mind concentrating instead on all the unanswered questions in his head.

What was the truth about Isokla? How was she able to heal herself so well? Why was she avoiding him now? The more his mind whirled, the more convinced he became that she was the real mystery here. The boy seems straightforward enough now he thought, probably an opportunist judging by his comments about the wealth of the bandits but nothing more sinister than that.

But why would the person who benefited most from the company seek to abandon it so suddenly? he asked himself. And why would she walk off unprotected given that she was clearly overcome whilst travelling alone beforehand? Detheriel scowled. Does she really think she can remove herself from their lives, from his life, just like that? Does she expect us to just stop caring? he wondered.

He raised his head, watching Isokla's slender figure receding from the group. Speaking slowly and quietly, but nevertheless in a voice that carried clearly to her ears, he addressed her directly. "So that's it then?" He watched as she paused, her back still turned from the group. "Don't you think you owe us all an explanation, at the very least? I won't let you just walk off to be injured again. Next time, you may not escape death so easily."

As he waited to see what her reaction would be, he suddenly noticed his heartbeat, almost as if this were a moment of extreme tension uncalled for by the circumstances. Directing a mental frown at his body, he kept a level gaze fixed on her back.

[ 08-01-2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #77
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Ansolon

Seeing that his chance to gain any money from the mysterious burden was lost, he sat down on the ground, and watched the river run by, with the others, after brushing his robes off, and removing his hood, Ansolon introduced himself. "I am Ansolon, the famous sorcerer of Ryndalas, and I do not appreciate the lack attention given to me as opposed to the sniveling girl." Ansolon was slightly peeved that this whole time that no one had recognized him, the apparently not-so-famous osteomancer was an apparent attention addict, and had an ego problem that was spiraling out of control ever since he cast his first cantrip. Still seeing that the attention was mostly on the girl carrying herself into the woods, his eyes filled with fire, put his hood over his head and began fiddling with his own skeleton, tossing bone into the air and dissolving it, and reabsorbing into, only to throw it into the air again.

[ 08-02-2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 08-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #78
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: Isokla's addressing Detheriel in this scene without actually looking at him - she is also standing at the far edge of the 'camp' and near no one else - so I assume that no one else can hear the two of them.
---
"...I" Isokla began, her tone trembling slightly for the first time, "I'm sorry." The girl whispered, "I'm not the person you think I am."
Her back was turned to him and her head was bowed, though her voice was deathly soft. A gentle breeze drifted by and even that drowned her words. Detheriel had to strain to hear her. "I... never asked for your aid." The girl continued softly, "Though I am grateful for your assistance, I could have survived alone. Do not mistake me; I am not ungrateful, just... I need time. Alone."

For a long moment, Isokla seemed to pause almost unwilling to continue, before she collected herself. "Thank you, Lord Detheriel. I owe you much, but as I forewarned you, I cannot repay you. If you truly are the gentleman of legend that you make out to be, then press me no further, I beg of you. I have nothing to offer this group and this path shall lead only to further bloodshed; blood that I am unwilling to stand by and watch spilt, nay, partake in. Even as a bystander, I am guilty of association..."

The young woman paused again, almost desperate to ensure that he understood her, "I... will not be party to murder, nay, even killing. To watch those slain as they die is something that... no one should ever have to witness." her pale blue eyes were watery and at once both beautiful and haunted, "To see the lifeblood seep from.. even a bandit, the flame of light extinguished like a candle... gushing like a fountain... I am no bard, yet... it fills me with dread. Such nightmares I cannot conceive. I will never again be a party to such." Isokla's eyes were distant, so distant that she seemed to be almost in a trance, watching painful memories within her mind's eye. Her tone turned to ice, "And I shall never be a party to mercenaries. I will never ally myself with those dogs. If gold is all they care about, then may they find their own destruction and demise as all they care about is striped away." No longer with her back turned, sometime during her speech, she had turned to face Detheriel, though she could not meet his eyes. As she spoke her last sentence, her eyes had taken on a loathing of such hate and frozen fury that a complete change had taken place. Despite her tone being a soft as a whisper, her vehemence was awe inspiring. Finally, she finished, "Those who murder for money and commit atrocities and massacre innocents in the name of ‘honour’, ‘wealth’ or ‘battle’ deserve no mercy, and shall find no forgiveness from me. Perhaps, perhaps now you understand…” Isokla finished softly, bowing her head, "I cannot stay…”

An almost calming silence had settled over her, even as her words were for Detheriel alone. She seemed almost at peace, no longer flustered, frustrated or angst-ridden. If she had any tears, they were long gone. Lifting her head, she faced him for the first time since she had begun and she stood more regally and proud then he had ever seen her. Her silvery hair fell in silken waves and although her dress was torn, she still possessed a beauty beyond most. It was her aura that was the attraction, as much as her form and her eyes. At once both vulnerable and proud, her head was tilted in defiance, as though daring any present to counter her words. She was no longer afraid.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #79
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak watched them,at the far end of the camp.Even though his hood was over his eyes, he could sense a change in the air.Like her energy had calmed somewhat and did not want to speak with her anymore,though he wished he had the herbs he needed to heal her.He relized she would make it.
There will be no need for a watch tonight,i'll set up a circle of protection. Should any ill intentiond, beings try to enter,they will be shocked by a powerful lightning blast. He bowed his head and removed his hood. And now I will answer your questions.
My name is Zakaria Entaris,I am a noble from the far north,by the sea. My father,Nicholas, spent much silver on training me to be a worrier,the perfect soldier,he wanted me to be the General of my distant cousins army. One day when i was away on training,our house was attacked by a large group of bandits.They killed my parents, took almost everything,and burnt the house. The only thing i know about this tribe is that their mark is a trident.I'm the last of my family. So now i hunt. Until the day comes when i find the girl, who will bear my child. Sometimes i hunt for money,and sometimes-just to hear them scream.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #80
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni groans as she listens to them, her posture drooping as she looks away for a moment '.... An ego maniac and an manic blunt idiot bent on revenge. What /nice/ traveling companions' as she waits for Detherial to get back, wondering what Isokla is saying to them.

Kagarioni also looks narrowly at Zek as he says what he is,but besides her posture of total disapproval, she says nothing. She looks at Adalon with a very neutral look "It's not like you deserve it." her disapproval still visible in her stance.

Kagarioni again looks at Zek, curiously "And you can't be a warrior and pratice many magics of that nature.. unless you haven't really had mastery in a weapon." she says, remembering her sisters

[ 08-03-2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Closed Thread