Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2001, 05:11 PM   #31
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

Neb, our Anti-Clan is founded on hipocracy. You are now an ambassador of truth. Go and sin no more.

Aelia Jusa, welcome to the finest anti-clan on the forum.

Ummmmm.... "An Ambassador of Truth"? Does that mean I won't be allowed to lie? Damn, never mind though, because I can still Spam, right?
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:14 PM   #32
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Ummmmm.... "An Ambassador of Truth"? Does that mean I won't be allowed to lie? Damn, never mind though, because I can still Spam, right?

In a regular clan, yes it would mean you can't lie. In an Anti-Clan based on hypocrisy it is possible to be an Ambassador of Truth and lie all you want. That is one of the beauties of being a hypocrite.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:19 PM   #33
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:

Aelia Jusa, welcome to the finest anti-clan on the forum.

What! No title? No fancy name I can put in my sig? And where's our home base? Somewhere where we can disguise our spam as legitimate clan business/campaigns! Tell me you've at least made a website/message board for us...

Old 12-12-2001, 05:27 PM   #34
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

What! No title? No fancy name I can put in my sig? And where's our home base? Somewhere where we can disguise our spam as legitimate clan business/campaigns! Tell me you've at least made a website/message board for us...

Let's see here... Aelia Jusa, I would be deeply honoured if you'd accept a posisition as Senior Reverse Psychologist. Allow me to explain. Seeing as how we have a different sort of clan here and we are anti this and anti that, it will get difficult to keep things straight. You are in charge of keeping all of our rhetoric straight. If Neb wants to be an Ambassador of Truth and tell lies...you are the one who will be responsible for getting it to make sense somehow. I know it's a difficult job, but I have complete confidence in you. You will need to work closely with our Executive Director of Propaganda, Melusine. Of course, I will be here to help as well.

As far as a web site and/or forum goes, I haven't gotten that far, but we'll take things a step at a time.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:34 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Perhaps I should have mentioned that when I'm using my FULL sig it fills over half a the screen with ranks, titles and memberships of various clans, groups and RP threads?

Uh.. no.. you'd be lynched! This is the ANTI CLAN thread! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] HAHAHAHA

CB
Old 12-12-2001, 05:39 PM   #36
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
As far as a web site and/or forum goes, I haven't gotten that far, but we'll take things a step at a time.

Hey, since Azzy made me the admin of his forum, I could perhaps make a TACC section for us.

This:

http://www.xsorbit.com/users2/HADB/index.cgi

Is where the forum lies.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:40 PM   #37
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Count me out as a non-member! Where do I not sign up? Where's the pen I won't use?

Thank you and bless you, Milamber, for helping bring insanity back to what has turned into a "Romper Room."

My updated sig shows my new current non-affiliation. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:01 PM   #38
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Since I cannot change my user name...I and Ertai are to remain members of the OHF...the first and original clan that started almost two years ago. And since the clan is not operational at the moment...the I guess I am clanless, except for my username.

Why do so many clans spring up? At first, it was to be a social gathering where groups of like-minded folk joined in a single thread and either chatted or Role-played. Now that we have a forum just for RPG...why does a clan even have to exist??? NWN is not out yet, and most of these clans are not online gaming buddies...they are made just to have a place to calll home here on Ironworks. It is not needed. Open a freaking game in the RPG forum if you want some member interaction but you do not have to be a member of a clan.
The Clans are doing nothing worth having one for. Some people have their clans meeting on other websites...fine...some people are grouping together and making RPGs...fine...but how many more are needed? If you belong to one...and decide to open one of your own...maybe the rule is that you lose membership of the previous one! I mean...Man cannot serve two masters...anybody with a Bible knows the truth of that statement...So, how loyal can one man be to five freaking clans???
I support the downfall of Clans on Ironworks and let's just see some more Role-playing activity. Some of you are very talented writers and some could use more practice. If you want something to do...join a game somewhere. If you do not like fantasy RPG...Mistral already posted a thread saying that she would campaign a real life RPG for you.
There are no excuses.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:31 PM   #39
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

Since I cannot change my user name...I and Ertai are to remain members of the OHF...the first and original clan that started almost two years ago. And since the clan is not operational at the moment...the I guess I am clanless, except for my username.

Why do so many clans spring up? At first, it was to be a social gathering where groups of like-minded folk joined in a single thread and either chatted or Role-played. Now that we have a forum just for RPG...why does a clan even have to exist??? NWN is not out yet, and most of these clans are not online gaming buddies...they are made just to have a place to calll home here on Ironworks. It is not needed. Open a freaking game in the RPG forum if you want some member interaction but you do not have to be a member of a clan.
The Clans are doing nothing worth having one for. Some people have their clans meeting on other websites...fine...some people are grouping together and making RPGs...fine...but how many more are needed? If you belong to one...and decide to open one of your own...maybe the rule is that you lose membership of the previous one! I mean...Man cannot serve two masters...anybody with a Bible knows the truth of that statement...So, how loyal can one man be to five freaking clans???
I support the downfall of Clans on Ironworks and let's just see some more Role-playing activity. Some of you are very talented writers and some could use more practice. If you want something to do...join a game somewhere. If you do not like fantasy RPG...Mistral already posted a thread saying that she would campaign a real life RPG for you.
There are no excuses.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

STANDING OVATION

Bravo, Larry!!! Bra-VO!!! That's one of the best statements I've yet heard on this issue!

The original clans (OHF, Laughing Hyenas)? as Larry said were to promote unity within the BG gaming circles...they were multiplayer groups, not "cliques". So much of these clans nowadays seems to be nothing more than "cliques" and in-groups...one falling to the wayside as two more spring up, kind of like the Lernean Hydra in Greek Myth.

Fun is fun, but there's a limit to just about everything.

Thanks, Larry! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 07:55 PM   #40
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

When I first dropped by at GD forum, being rather lost, I hovered around the OLD COOTS Clan and was kindly accepted (to tell the truth, to this day I don't know what's going on in the clan [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ).

I only really felt that I belonged somewhere when the One-Eyed Wolf thread was set up (which somehow turned into a clan [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ) and I could just enjoy the RP interaction. But I see it more of a place where I can immerse in adventure and exercise my imagination and writing skills. That goes for all the other RP threads I'm currently involved in. I haven't seen any real benefits to joining a clan, other than for freshies who feel out of place and want to feel accepted.

Anyway, after spending about 2-3 months here in IW, I have concluded that I no longer need to belong to a clan. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Good luck with your anti-clan coalition
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote