Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 12:11 AM   #1
pschub
Dungeon Master

When Irenicus is defeated once and you are sent to hell, it is too late to buy scrolls. I am at the final battle and am having great problems with the summoned demons.. let alone even scratching irenicus... The only workaround I can see is too go back to the point that I entered the palace and get scrolls.Any other advise??? TIA
pschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:01 AM   #2
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Yeah, once you're in hell you're pretty much stuck there... If you're really getting spanked, you'd probably have to reload an earlier saved-game...

[suggestion - have you tried the search function for Irenicus strategies? Everyone's asked for tips before, and there may be a strategy that can utilize what resources you've got. Defeating Irenicus is NOT the hardest thing in the game - it would be cool if you could somehow get through it without resorting to an earlier save ]
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:13 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you really need a particular scroll, you could try obtaining them with the CLUA console. It's better than backtracking to an archive save.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:28 AM   #4
Jan

Try a few times. The fight isn't that hard.

First you should focus on the summoned demons. Summon some helpers and place them (and your tanks) around the summoned demons + cast spells and use ranged weapons (arrows and bullets should be pretty cool unless you didn't buy the best stuff).

What about your party?
Old 01-03-2003, 03:25 PM   #5
pschub
Dungeon Master

ok I am able to with much diffuculty kill the summoned demons and then slayer (irenicus) seeming dies only to reappear into a form that I can 'barely injure' but can not seem to defeat!!! What gives with this form of irenicus?
Old 01-04-2003, 12:44 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The slayer form is the last form you have to fight. The human form that appears after that is purely for cutscene purposes, you should not be able to control your party during this cutscene.

Can you supply more details on what happens after you defeat the slayer form?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:54 AM   #7
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Prefight buffs.

Defensive harmony, true sight, protection from evil, etc, make sure you have these up in you can. Summon meat shields before hand and buff them too. Skeleton warriors work well enough.

True sight is rather important really. One of the first things Jonny boy does is cast mislead usually, this will get rid of that. Once he pops out, the first thing you should do is cast mass invisibility and make sure nobody attacks. Back everybody away from slobbering gibbering demons, and, make a strategic retreat and regroup. Bolt of Glory does a lot of damage to Jon, one of the better spells to use while he is in Slayer form. Also, casting doom, greater malison, etc, then casting spells like Spook while he is in human form still will totally negate all of his attacks, as he will run around all of creation with a yellow circle. (Try this some time in the Tree of Life) Then again, Spook is probably the most powerful spell there is, even works on dragons. Nothing makes short work of tough foes like spook, don't leave home with out it.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 07:07 AM   #8
pschub
Dungeon Master

I probably need to use ray of reversal (is the warding whip any good here?) along with breech and true sight (use this first?) ..I really dont think I have hardly scratched him... he constantly reheals... will breach work to prevent this?? Thanks for the help!