Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 11:52 PM   #11
Gauleiter

My creative discovery? Finding out that Oakenmir had a Treant Seed, and that, if I thought my characters weren't strong enough yet to kill him and get the ten million experience, I could Steal it from him with Pickpocket skill of around 8 or 9. In that way, I could finish the Wizard's Guild quest without having to do the long Treetop Trek trick.
Old 01-13-2001, 11:57 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Very cool, Gauleiter, and much appreciated info, since I thought it was originally a bug that you only got 2 quests from the Wizard's Guild. Actually, I used a combination of your strategy and mine; I picked a Treant seed off Oakenmir for one of my characters (took me about 20 minutes of loading and reloading!) and then did the Tarzan trick with the trees, went to the Isle of Sands, and whacked 3 Bark Horrors, getting the other 3 seeds; thus getting 4 seeds for all 4 of my characters before the Anephas Shrine. Very sweet!

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 02:42 AM   #13
James

Filled up my inventory with skull daggers from the thieves guild in any pawn shop for 800 gold a piece(605 with the merchant skill) and than sell them back for 900 gold (1035 with the merchant skill) and repeat. Best way I've found to rake up cash fast and is available as soon as I had access to Ishad N'ha.
Old 01-14-2001, 08:43 AM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

James: Try the selling trick with Takekatsu Arrows at the Bushi Dojo. I think the exchange rate is better, and they stack so you can exhaust all your gold in one 'buy' and sell them at once also.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 03:37 PM   #15
Thorny

I wonder if this qualifies as creative?

I had reached Brimloch Roon when I decided to start over - reset the entire game. Since my existing characters weren't instantly deleted, but had to be deleted manually, I decided to send one of them back to the town of Valeia with a Raptor Egg snuggled carefully in his backpack. That was the only way I could figure out to have a new character in the new game able to complete the Ranger quest early.

Then I got carried away and stopped off for a Samurais baton on the way back.

But unfortunately, the young Samurai had to wait until reaching Ishad N'ha to get advancement since ther is no Dojo guild in Valeia?
Old 01-14-2001, 03:43 PM   #16
Thorny

To attack Erathsmedor, I put a LURE spell on a character wearing the Dragon Plate Armor. Then hacked away (forever). You have to be careful because once in a while the target character will get stoned and Erathsmedor will turn his attention on the rest of the party until the target character is restored to healthy status.

No, I didn't play out the game with Dragon's blood on my hands - I restored a previous save and continued normally. You don't need the points to be able to complete the game.
Old 01-14-2001, 03:46 PM   #17
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thorny - there are raptor eggs to be found in the opening area of the game. ON the west side of the river, between Nymph Lake and the Oracle Cave there is an outlet into the forest and there are raptors (and eggs). I believe these will only show up if someone has the quest, but I might be wrong about that.

Why didn't you just replay the game with your old characters??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 04:40 PM   #18
skywalker
Banned User

I was wondering.... can you replay the game after you have a Zenmaster and Valkyrie in the party? I guess that would unbalance the game too much, but you could set it at the hardest settings. Anybody do it, does the game become too easy?

mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 09:39 PM   #19
Moni

Bumping

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 11-11-2001, 06:33 AM   #20
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi, my most creative solution was my slightly odd way to kill one of the Amazoni Mantraps off Ishad N'Ha. I'd just finished the Serpent Temple and my party was quite low level. After a couple of failed attempts, with my party completely mangled by the fierce plants I thought I'd check out the courtyard of the Shurugeon Ruins instead. With that in mind I swam under moat and found the razed wall. When I'd cleared the area of ghosts and ratlings I lowered the drawbridge to exit the courtyard.

To my surprise the drawbridge had landed on one of the mantraps trapping it in the moat, and standing on the drawbridge it couldn't reach me with its poisonous breath. So from the top of the drawbridge I gleefully whacked it to death.

But after that I really had to run for my life, since the now dead mantrap's friends were approaching.

Cheers // Jazzid