Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 06:42 PM   #11
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I am simply complicated and am sad that I'm happy about this.

In other words, at times I feel simple, at times I feel complex. Sometimes I'm happy with how I feel, sometimes I'm not.

You answered the question twice.

No I didn't.

Yes you did.

Shut up I'm trying to post a reply here.

Oh, sorry I thought you were talking to yourself.

Now where was I...?
ROFL!
Old 01-30-2003, 07:41 PM   #12
cormack
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Do you see yourself as a complex, complicated person?
Or are you a simpler person?

Hi Yorick! your jumping egg is cool!

I see myself growing and learning all the the time and that who I was 2 years ago is a little different then who I am today.
- Yes, as time go's on I find myself picking up more responsibility's and weaving my time in many different directions. But the simple things in life is what I enjoy the most.

With eiether do you see this as positive or negative either way? For example, if you're simpler, you may get less phased by things. Less worried perhaps. Get over problems easier that one who complicates issues and ponders them.

- I have experienced better rewards, personally, by keeping a positive attitude and have even felt my health improved with a laugh and a joke consistantly. Not dwelling on things that get you down.

Or if you're complex, you may believe you have deeper, richer experiences by analysing things to a fault. Often over-complicating a small issue.

- Sometimes but who can escape the mind always wanting to catagorize someone. "Pride" also has a play into one's self also, I am happy not proud.

Interpret my question however you wish, but put simply, are you a complex personality or simpler, and are you happy with yourself and the way you are?

-Yes I am happy with who I am and, for the most part, how people percieve me. Obviousy there is a huge difference but someday I hope that the 2 could come together. I think people are very deep whoever they are ;D
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2003, 08:41 PM   #13
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I see myself as a coldly rational, creative dreamer. discern from that what you will
Old 01-30-2003, 09:23 PM   #14
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I see myself as having various attributes, many are hard to catagorise insofar as deciding whether they're 'good' or 'bad,' because people's interpretations of said characteristics differ.

First and foremost, I am a dreamer. I live in my own world a lot of the time. If I have nothing to do for five minutes, chances are I'm off in a different dimension, pleasantly daydreaming about something or other. I am not afraid to do this, even if my dreams are so unrealistic that many would argue there is no point in even thinking the things I do. I am also creative; I solve problems easily, can worm my way out of difficult situations, and am quick to express myself either through writing or drawing; both are great loves of mine.

I have a thirst for knowledge. This is something that gets stronger with each day. I used to be content with scraping by with relatively low grades and just taking life's back seat, but this is changing. I am now realising how important it is to do my best in life; both for my own self-betterment, as well as the financial benefits and security that come with working hard.

I am passionate. This extends to many things; whether it's taking part in sport, indulging in one of my hobbies, or simply in showing my love for my partner or family. This has its downsides, however; It means I am sentimental, often over-sensitive, and because of this I can sometimes be a little sticky. It's well-meant, but sometimes not wanted or appreciated. It is something I am trying to work on.

My downsides are clearly my negativity, defeatist attitude, cynicism, and apathetic (non) approach to certain things. I tend to see the glass as half empty, and I am sometimes quick to throw in the sponge if I get a bad feeling about something. I am pessimistic a lot of the time, and this in turn makes me cynical and sometimes distrustful. I often don't give people the benefit of the doubt and tend to think the worst of someone or a given situation.

I also worry far too much. I worry about everything; from how I will get my next meal tomorrow to how I will fare in my upcoming geography exam. It often takes over my life and sometimes I just want to run away and hide. I overcomplicate things and often can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. This means I am erratic in my moods and behaviour. This is also something I need to work on.

Well, that's about me, or at least, how I see myself. If any of you really disagree, I probably don't wanna hear it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2003, 09:45 PM   #15
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Gently deluded post-adolescent. Easy-going on the whole, with an occasional tendency to over-emphasize the importance of the self.
Friendly and easy-going with a high regard for social responsibility and helping people out, but with a large need for privacy and 'me-time'. Selflessly selfish.
Semi-creative, with a high tendency toward logical analysis of problems. I like to have fun, but am not very attentive or empathic on a romantically intimate level. Flings over fidelity
Complex to those that don't know me well, but incredibly simple to those that do.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:55 PM   #16
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Do you see yourself as a complex, complicated person?
Or are you a simpler person?

With eiether do you see this as positive or negative either way? For example, if you're simpler, you may get less phased by things. Less worried perhaps. Get over problems easier that one who complicates issues and ponders them.

Or if you're complex, you may believe you have deeper, richer experiences by analysing things to a fault. Often over-complicating a small issue.

Interpret my question however you wish, but put simply, are you a complex personality or simpler, and are you happy with yourself and the way you are?

[img]smile.gif[/img]
I see myself in the mirror.

In all seriousness, I suppose I'm a bit of both, but tend to lean towards simple things. Good post Yorick, it's made me think about myself. Certain things I analyze too much, mostly my personal relationships. Those of you who have been witness to some of my self pity threads my realize this already.
For the most part, I'm pretty simple, easy going. Whatever happens, happens. Am I happy with myself and the way I am? Once again, for the most part yes, but without going into huge detail, there are a few things I'm not happy with.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:46 PM   #17
Gammit
Elminster

As a teenager, I saw myself as a complex person. As time has passed, I have begun to concentrate on the simpler things in life: family, friends, love, etc. Now I just strive to be the best person I can be. With this has come a simpler sense of self, and I have never been happier.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:17 AM   #18
homer
Manshoon

I take life a simply as I can. I do not mean I am irresponsible, just that I never try to take on too much at once. Confusion irritates me, so I try to make things as simple as I can. I am married with two children, my wife works full time, and I have a job of my own. So life is not always simple, but I try.

Oh, my children are healthy, my wife loves me, and I am not broke. So I am immensely happy.

[ 01-31-2003, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: homer ]