Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
Bredalbane
User Suspended for 1 Month [Apr17]

LOL. I just got to the area in the Umar hills where some teenage boys ask you to buy them weapons and ale. I didn't buy them anything 'cause of the possibility of rep loss(gotta save them rep points for when I need the Slayer). What happens if you DO buy them weapons and alchohol?
Bredalbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:00 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

They get drunk and stick the swords where they shouldnt

lol.

You can track them down in the Umar cave if you are really interested what mischief they get upto.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

IIRC the make you loose your "rangerhood" in Umar Hills
Old 12-10-2003, 04:31 PM   #4
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Light Bulb

also i've read somewhere depending on what you give them, when you visit the cave( where the mimic blood is to be found) different scenarios play out...just the ale, they are there drunk...swords and ale, they get chased away by a gibberling...etc.
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:02 PM   #5
Feral
Elminster

I think there's a range of scenarios - the creatures after the boys (if you've given them weapons) differ (maybe with your level, since you'll have to deal with them). Also, you'll lose your ranger stronghold but, IIRC, only if you buy them both.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:47 PM   #6
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
They lookeda bit too young for ale so I just gave them the b. swords. I came across them later in the mimic cave - they had seen a shadow (the creature, not the non-realistic dark thing that follows you) and legged it out. Minister Lloyd's wife seemed unhappy with me!
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote