Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2004, 04:23 AM   #11
vesselle
Hathor

judging by comments on the bioware tech forums, atari takes about a week or so to reply. and you need to make sure you contact the correct atari, too. since you're in the UK, contacting atari USA would mean your email goes into the pile of stuff they don't bother with.

good luck!

V***V
Old 04-17-2004, 11:37 AM   #12
andrewas
Harper

Also, Atari tech support commonly run you around with other possibel problems, since they are reluctant and/or forbidden to acknowledge secuROM is any kind of problem.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:35 AM   #13
Cataephract
Dungeon Master

When I was working tech support with Activision, we saw this with Call of Duty (not secuROM, though). Some programs like that consider Media Jukebox to be burning software, and I believe that comes with XP. If you have Nero, Alcohol 120%, etc... try temporarily unistalling them, just to see if it's the problem. It could be a messload of other things though...you may make sure that the game is installed on the last hard drive before the first cd-drive, and that that drive is used to launch the game. Do you have any virtual drives? How's your page file? What's in startup when you run msconfig?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

You know, for a good few Months now, ANY game I install that has more than 1 or 2 CD's (Even the new Thief 3) When the software is supposed to ask for the next CD for install, I get a window from XP that says "Cannot find volume XXXXX" Abort, retry, ignore. Anything I do crashes the install, so damn it, I have to old school it, and copy EVERY disc to a root dir (named after the CD label, and install it off the HD.

I looked everywhere for help, and can't find any. It has something to do with a virutal drive though... I swear this sucks. Anyone know how to fix this? (BTW Autorun is broken too). tried reg fixes even.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:50 PM   #15
Cataephract
Dungeon Master

First, do you know if you have a virtual drive or not? I assume that when you copy the discs to your hard drive, you don't get any kind of read error, like a CRC error? Really sounds like a cd drive is going bad. You may check event viewer for any error message related to it. What's your OS? E-mail your dxdiag to me at rchassereau@hotmail.com, and I'd be more than happy to take a look and see what's up.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #16
Jim
Quintesson

Does anyone else suffer from a problem with traps with this patch?

My character in the OC does not take damage from fire/electrical traps that go off around him (migght affect other traps too but these are all I've noticed so far). It isn't an equipment thing, because when I run over a trap butt naked and fail the reflex save I take no damage!

Any ideas?
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:38 AM   #17
deadmoney
Dungeon Master

I've been trying to upgrade for a couple of weeks now. It will just pinging bioware and then connecting then nothing. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just absolutely stupid (which may well be the case)? Thanks a lot.
deadmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #18
vesselle
Hathor

i don't have any problems with updating. i just used the updater to get the CEP and some of the bioware promo stuff. i do know that in the last few days, bio was down, upgrading their servers. maybe you caught them at the wrong time?

is that the only site you have problems with? and what version are you at? for both the game and the updater.

you can manually download the update tho, off bio's nwn site. and, as a manual install, it's designed so you place the zip file, intact, in your game directory, then run the updater. i've never heard of this method failing to work.

V***V

[ 11-04-2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]