Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. In the toad village there is a toad blocking the passage at the puddle area just inside the first passage and won't move. I cannot get around him. Sometimes another toad comes up behind me. Both are happy to see me (if I hear Ukabu one more time...) but they both tend to block the way. If I push I can sometimes get the one behind me to move but the one in front never does. Any thoughts?

2. Also, the warrior guild will not recognize that I have sent my Paladin candidate to the Alter and prayed... in fact I have done this several times and went to the guild in Ishad and Valeia. Any help?
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 04:22 AM   #2
TarlA42

Howdy meow,
I can at least help with one of your questions...
Your character who wants to be a paladin, first, he or she needs to actually talk to the statue, and then you need to go to the temple, not the armory, to be recognized.
As for the toads, I've had that problem also, and it will pop up again. I've had that happen in the stout mines, and also the boogre caves, and collasium. The best I can offer, is pick your physically smallest character (pixies are best if you have one) and try to inch your way around. Use the arrow keys for left and right. Or you can come back to the area in a little while. Sometimes the people you want to get around will get out of the way if you leave them alone for a bit.
Don't quote me on this one, but I think in the toad village you can actually whack'em and still get the quest done. But make sure you save before you try that, because I'm not sure.
Good luck.
Tarl
Old 02-07-2001, 04:29 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

Some extra options to pass the toads: sometimes it helps to say "goodbye" to them, then they'll move away from you. And I read here that some people also succeeded in jumping over the toads; you'll probably need to look up quite steeply and then jump and move forward at the same time. Selecting a character that has athletics and/or high agility will help.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 08:30 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Had all the usual trouble with this fellow on my replay with 4 characters (more problems this time than the original play), so I slipped back to the Inn and picked up one of my superheroes. Just had him cast Vanish on the useless croaker and shifted him the hell outta the way heehee OK, it won't work for everyone - usually the advice carg gave (talk and say goodbye) is the solution most likely to work.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 04:25 PM   #5
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help. I went to the temple (which made sense when I read it) but I still cannot get by the Obstructionist Toad.

I tried goodbye (and multiple variants including buh-bye). I tried my gnome thief and could not get by. I guess I could try a pixie next or just wait until I get high enough in level and Vanish the thing.

Kind of hard to believe there was ever a war between the Toads and Humans with this sort of behavior.
Old 02-07-2001, 04:49 PM   #6
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay... now instead of Toads I am not fond of Bradley (from another site where D.W. Bradley speaks to Shinwicki; http://www.seastop.com/wwshinw.htm):

D.W. Bradleynce again, this brilliant schematic stemmed from heavy research. What's one of the greatest complaints people register against computer games? Realistic movement. It's very
difficult to simulate different walking speeds over various terrain; you have to compensate for sound file length, foley effects, etc.; it's hard to gradually map travel speed without getting a
"herky-jerky" effect. I found this especially difficult to do in the underground Toad area; moving through there made me rather dizzy! So, I decided it would be easier to just not let the player
move at all! A couple of strategically placed toads did the trick; while it may be a little frustrating not to be able to complete a quest because of a damn toad in your way, in the long run I think
players will thank me for taking the time to protect them from potential vertigo.

:| He did it on purpose. On the other hand he also claims that the game is buggy because he spent four months 'testing' Inns to see what the Inn in W&W should be like. I think he probably should have called Tom Bodett.
Old 02-07-2001, 05:01 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOLWP - it's good to see people finding the "Ask Shinwiki" stuff on Slip's site. It's good stuff isn't it, and he keeps telling us he is has more good ideas to expand this section but not enough time. We have had the petition for W&W2, but I suggest a new petition, for those who want to see more "Ask Shinwiki". C'mon Freud, we want more toad speak. Those in favour???
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 05:10 PM   #8
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I concur. Shinwicki should probably be a roving reporter from all areas of the Gael Serran with indepth interviews, special reports, and, of course, scathing editorials on social issues like the rise of Cults and mental illness among the rulers.
Old 02-07-2001, 10:55 PM   #9
rngamer

I had best success passing obstructionist toad by getting all the way to the right in the passage (right in front of him), backing into him,
and pivoting around to my left. More togetherness than I would have
wished--staring the toad right in the pixels--but we got by.
Old 02-08-2001, 05:52 AM   #10
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I finally did it. I saved off and went on what can only be described as Toad Rage. I am not proud of it but it was late and I was armed.

I did leave two toads alive hoping that they will be able to reproduce. And, in case you are wondering, one of them does have the obstructionist gene. The other was Ekbu who will probably now raise a toad army and siege Valeia or something. we could only hope. I will get more chances to kill toads.