Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2004, 11:33 PM   #21
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Not knowing anything about any of these consoles, I feel that I should share my deep level of knowledge and understanding with the board. X-Box is Microsoft so is probably extrememly annoying and built on the backs of the poor/suffering etc. designed to extract money from the populace in the most sly/underhanded ways possible.

PS2 is good but Sony don't have as much experience in the console market as Nintendo who have been in the game for like 20 years so therefore the GameCube has to be the best, based on my solid reasoning.

Yay! Finally someone's on my side!!! YAY!!! My 10 reason's why Gamecube is the best. [img]smile.gif[/img]
1. The handle. Okay so it's a little goofy, but imagine trying to take an XBox with you to a friend's house or on vacation. You would need an industrial crane and a parking tickit.

2.It only plays games. That's right. Anyone who tells you that playing DVDs opn a game console is a benefit never had someone monopolize the machine for hours playing Meg Ryan movies while the rental game you have to return in three hours gathers dust.

3. It's more powerful then PS2. PS2 has slower processors and it's graphics are noticeably more nferiod to the GCN's. Sorry- nothing very funny about that.

4. Gone platinium. The platiniumGCN is a work of art, shiny, and sphisticated. PS2 and XBox looks like every other piece of electronics hardware created in the past twenty years, and dust really shows up on those black casings.

5. Controller desgin. The PS2 controller has WAY too many button, and the XBox controller was designed for a giant or an octopus. Ah, but the GCN controller is elegant and practical- an extension of the human spirt; an epiphany in plastic; the ultimate interface between mind, body, and technology.

6. Experiance. Nintendo has consistently produced the highest quality bideo games for more than two decades dating back to Donkey Kong. You can bet that Nintendo will contrinue to do so in the future. Twenty years ago, Sony was making Betamax tape machiones and Microsoft hadn't even come up with Windows. What will they be doing tomorrow? (besides Halo 2, I'm actually looking foward to it as well)

7. Inredible freedom of the WaveBird Controller. You can even play from the bathroom. Let freedom ring!

8. Game Boy Player. More than a hundred million people have Game Boys, and we suspect that most of them own a game or two. With the Game Boy player, all those millions of deserving gamers will be able to play games on GCN as well as on their Game Boys.

9. Connectivity. Sony and Microsoft can't do it becayse they don't have a Game Boy. They have robotic dogs and word processors. Let's face it, they're not really game companies. But Nintendo does only games, whcih is why Nintndo innovates ways to play- linking consoles, swiping cards, visiting villages filled with animalls and sailing to his seas in a talking boat.

10. Exclusitibity. The GCN offers The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil Zero, Super Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, Animal Crossing, Star Fox Adventures, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chroniccals, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Sankes, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Metroid Prime 2, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Pikmin II, Resident Evil 4 and Soul Calibur II as Link.( That's 15 exclusive reason GCN reigns supreme.) Try naming 15 exclusive hit PS2 titles. As for XBox, you can coun the number of exclusive hit titles for it on one finger.

Now, I'm not trying to be a hater, but I hate PS2. I love Nintendo, and XBox is great. I'm just sick of PS2 being said to reign supreme. Now, I got this from a magazine that isn't completely recent, so maybe some of the exclusive titles may be wrong, probably are, but there's my reason. Thank you. And I do not mean to offend, if I did, I appologize.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-09-2004, 12:38 AM   #22
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I thought that looked familiar..
Old 01-09-2004, 05:38 AM   #23
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I own a PS2 and be very happy 'bout it. My brother has a Gamecube, which sorta owns too... but half of them arguments /)K posted are still quite crappy though... for example this one:
Quote:
1. The handle. Okay so it's a little goofy, but imagine trying to take an XBox with you to a friend's house or on vacation. You would need an industrial crane and a parking tickit.
Unless you want it to be considered a kiddy system, "XBox is soo heavy" isn't that good an argument [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 08:34 AM   #24
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
I didn't get it from that... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnarf:
I own a PS2 and be very happy 'bout it. My brother has a Gamecube, which sorta owns too... but half of them arguments /)K posted are still quite crappy though... for example this one:
quote:
Unless you want it to be considered a kiddy system, "XBox is soo heavy" isn't that good an argument [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I know i know, it isn't a very good arguement. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Also, I'm SomeGuy, not /)eathkiller. lol. A few things that I posted arn't very good arguements really, but I didn't think them up, someone else did. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-09-2004, 09:35 AM   #25
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
I didn't get it from that... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've just never considered that to be a good list. Take this for example, some people might not consider the GBA=>GC Crystal Chronicles to be such a good idea. It's a little absurd, I know, but so is the list.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #26
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Well spec wise the PS2 is an inferior machine to the Camecube and Xbox. Although it does have a bigger range of games...

People critise MS but ever Sony product I've owned has broken within 2 years! And before anyone says I HAVE taken good care of them! My Playstation broke about 3 times, so after I finished with it I vowed I'd never buy another Sony games machine. I own a Gamecube and XBox

Both are good the Xbox has some great games like Shenmue II and Halo and the Gamecube has the Wind Waker and Metriod Prime. No other console has a game as good as The legend of Zelda:The Wind Waker so I vote for the Gamecube!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:40 AM   #27
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
When choosing a console to buy, I took into account all aspects of the three (graphics, games, etc). Eventually I chose Gamecube. IMO, I found the PS2's graphics horrible to look at. I had to avert my eyes for some wrestling games! I suppose in the long run the graphics are as good as the developers make them. If a game has bad graphics, blame the developer not the console because they were the ones who did all the modelling and colouring.

I'll admit the Gamecube does have some babyish games but there is a simple solution to this - don't buy them! It still has the classics like LOTR, Metroid Prime (which by the way is supposedly the best game around), Zelda, etc.

Xbox has Xbox live, enough said. Brilliant. However, at the time, I didn't have broadband so it would have been useless. Otherwise, a cool console.

The PS2 controller is the same as last time. The Xbox controller is massive and full of millions of buttons. The gamecube controller, however, fits like a charm into your hand with your fingers resting on the L and R buttons.

So it was a tie between Xbox and Gamecube, but I decided to stay loyal to Nintendo (I have NES SNES NG4 Gameboy)

[ 01-11-2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Jaradu ]