Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2000, 05:16 PM   #1
Hakisha

This weapon has got to be the best sword in the game, besides defender and frostbrand. It is called the spider's bane and it is a 2 handed sword +2. It also has added damage to spiders, and gives the wearer free action. I found it while trying in vain to find a regular two handed sword +3. This one, however, is much better. But, I don't remeber where I got it from, anyone know?
This has had me stumped for a while.
Old 05-16-2000, 06:39 PM   #2
Gotaxewilltravel

If I'm not mistaken, this sword can be acquired by defeating the "Spider Queen" in Cloakwood and returning the boy's body to. . .well, I forget what his name is but you'll encounter him in one of the initial Cloakwood maps and he'll ask you to rescue someone from the spiders. Anyway, yes, this sword kicks major butt (if you have a character with much proficiency with a large sword). That one and the Two-handed sword+1 (found on a half-ogre) are my favorites, though the magic scimitars are cool, too.
Old 05-16-2000, 07:26 PM   #3
Ryan
Welcomed New User

I have to agree, this is a great weapon. But, don't you find it with the body, even if you don't take the body back? It was a while ago, so I could be wrong. As far as I'm concerned, one of the best things about it is the free-action. No more messing around in webs or hold-person spells. Pity they only give it to you after the first bits of cloakwood and all those web traps! You mentioned the scimitars, but another great weapon is Greywolfs long-sword. Definately worth the battle.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2000, 10:34 AM   #4
Moggl

You'll find Spider's Bane in the container behind Centeol, the cursed former witch, where you'll also find Chelak's body.

To find the World's Edge, (two handed sword +3), you need to have TOTSC installed. It's in Durlag's Tower, somewhere.
Old 05-17-2000, 06:04 PM   #5
Gotaxewilltravel

Yes, that's right--it WAS with the body. That sword or a ring of free action and you're good to go (though Sword Spiders still make me nervous!).