Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-25-2001, 01:13 PM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'd like to gather together a compilation of all of the items that can be upgraded in ToB. Unfortunately, I only know of a few...and I'd like some help from all of you folks to complete it. So...please list below any items which you know of that can be upgraded. Please list the original item as well as the finished item and any components needed...if you know/remember the components.

Here's the ones that I'm familiar with:
  • Holy Avenger + some gem upgrades to ?
  • Bladesinger chain + Scroll of Prot. from Normal Weapons = Agelanser's (sp.?)Elven Chain (immune to all normal weapons)
  • Cloak of Protection +2 + Scrolls Improved Haste & Invisibility = ?
  • Flail of the Ages can have 2 additional heads added[/list]
    I don't know of any others...a little help here? BTW, I'd rather not have someone tell me all about the pantaloons. I already know enough about that to not know what the end result is...Thanks!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 02:42 PM   #2
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

Here are the ones I know:

Spoiler:
:
:
:
Sword of the Mask + Heart of the Damned = improved Sword of Mask
Flaming Sword (forget name) + liquid mercury = improved flaming sword
Holy Avenger + Eye of Tyr = +6 Holy Avenger
Dagger of Sky + 5 star sapphires = Improved dagger
Thieve's Hood + Ring of Invisibility + Antidote potion = cool helm for thieves
Heartwood Ring + Nymph's Tear = cool druid ring
Spectral Brand + Skull of Lich = improved spectral brand
Ixil's Spike + Ixil's shaft = +6 spear
Staff of the Ram + Rorananch's horn = +6 staff of ram
Club of detonation + ring of fire resistance = improved club of detonation
Bard's gloves + lots of gems = cool gloves for a bard or thief
+2 Cloak + improved haste scroll + invisibility scroll = imp. cloak
Montolio's cloak + Montolio's clasp = very nice cloak
manual of golemns + book of golemn page = improved book
Flail of Ages + new flail head = improved flail
Bronze Ioun Stone + Circlet of Netheril = imp. circlet
Storm Star + Starfall ore = killer mace
Ronanach's Horn + 2 horns = nice helm
Foebane + fflar's scabbard = imp. foebane
quiver of plenty + gem = imp. arrows
case of plenty + gem = imp. bolts
bag of plenty + gem = imp. slugs
Ravager + Serpent Shaft = insanely powerful halberd
Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 02:54 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

There's about 10 more...other than your list. I will have to wait until tonight to tell you. (I guess I should just bring my cheat-book to work)!!!

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the [I]OHF [i]
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 03:10 PM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Cool. Thanks guys! I look forward to the others Larry...

So...Gimmick...did you have Cespnar make the improved Flaming sword? Do you know what the "improvements" are? I belive that in SoA it was a +2 sword which was +3 vs. cold-using creatures and +4 vs. undead/regenerating???

------------------

Old 06-25-2001, 05:25 PM   #5
SirWillow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
There's about 10 more...other than your list. I will have to wait until tonight to tell you. (I guess I should just bring my cheat-book to work)!!!
You have a cheat book already? Didn't see any at the store when I was purchasing ToB so I wasn't aware that they had it out yet. How much did it run you?

------------------
You mean I'm supposed to put something intelligent sounding here?
SirWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 08:30 PM   #6
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Cool. Thanks guys! I look forward to the others Larry...

So...Gimmick...did you have Cespnar make the improved Flaming sword? Do you know what the "improvements" are? I belive that in SoA it was a +2 sword which was +3 vs. cold-using creatures and +4 vs. undead/regenerating???

Spoiler:
:
:
The flaming sword I mentioned isn't the same as the BG2 one. This one is called "Angurvadal", and is one of the better weapons I've found.

*Big Spoiler*
:
:
When improved, Angurvadal has the following stats:
+5 to hit
1d8+5 damage plus 1d4+1 fire damage
gives wielder 22 strength
gives wielder negative plane protection
Old 06-25-2001, 08:34 PM   #7
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

I've found some more upgradeable items:

Runehammer + rune = improved runehammer
Taralesh + bowstring of gond = imp. taralesh
White Dragon Scales = White Dragon Scale armor (allows use of stealth!!)
Old 06-25-2001, 09:43 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SirWillow:
You have a cheat book already? Didn't see any at the store when I was purchasing ToB so I wasn't aware that they had it out yet. How much did it run you?

50% off, when bought with the game!
Regular retail like $11.00

------------------

Old 06-25-2001, 10:51 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry's complete guide to all things Upgradable:

Armor
1)Blue Dragon Scales+5,000gp=Blue Dragon Plate(90% resist Electricity)
2)Bladesinger Chain+Protection from Normal Weapons scroll+40,000gp=Aslyferund Elven Chain+5(Permanant protection from Normal weapons)
3)Ice Dragon Scales+5,000gp=White Dragon Armor(50% resist cold and cast cone of cold 3x/day)

Helmets
4)Circlet of Netheril+Bronze Ion stone+5,000gp=Improved Circlet of Netheril(Memorize 1 extra 7 and 8 level spell and +10HP)
5)Thieves Hood+Antidote potion+Ring of Invisibility+10,000gp=Thieve's Hood(Immune to Backstab and Poison. Also cast true sight 3/day)
6)Helm of the rock+both horns+5,000gp=Helm of the Rock(adds 25% resist each element and can cast Aura of command 3/day)

Rings
7)Oaken Ring+Nymph's tear+5,000gp=Heartwood Ring(Memorize extra 6 and 7 level spell for druids only)

Bracers
8)Paladin's Bracers+10,000gp=Blessed Bracers( gives+10HP, Cast Cure Critical Wounds 1/day and Resurrection 1/day for paladins)
9)Paladin's Bracers+Diamond+Ruby+Sapphire+Emerald+Rogue Stone+10,000gp=Wonderous Gloves(+1 to THACo, Memorize extra 2, 3, 4 level spell for palidins)

Cloaks
10)Montolios' Cloak+Montolio's Clasp+5,000gp=Improved Montolio's cloak(+2THACo with off-hand Weapon, +1 to all saving throws for Rangers)
11)Staff of the Ram+Roranach's Horn+5,000gp=Staff of the Ram+6(1d6+12crushing, 1d4 piercing. 15% enemy knocked backward and stunned)

Hammers
12)Runehammer+Rune of Clangeddin+5,000gp=Runehammer +5(2d4+5damage, (requires 16 strength, Wielder permanently imbued with Negative Plane protection, double damage to undead, Wielder immune to fear, Fire Giant strength 1/day, Mass Cure 1/day)

Short Swords
13)S. Sword of Mask+Heart of Damned+5,000gp=S. Sword of Mask +5(1d6+5 damage, 15% chance opponent is entangled for 24 sec., 15% chance drain 1 level)

Long Swords
14)Anguvadal+Liquid Mercury+10,000gp=Angurvadal +5: "Flametongue"(1d8+5,+1Fire, Strenght set to 22, Immune to level drain)

Bastard Swords
15)Foebane+Fflar's Scabbard+5,000gp=Foebane +5(2d4+5, +6vs Undead, Shapeshifters, and x-tra planar creatures, +1 to all saving throws, Casts Larloch's Drain each successful hit)
16) Purifier+Eye of Tyr+5,000gp=Purifier +5(2d4+5, +30%MR, +4 extra damage to Chaotic Evil, dispel 2/day, Mass cure 1/day for palidins)

Scimitars
17)Spectral Brand+Skull of the Lich+5,000gp=Spectral Brand +5(1d8+4, +1d6cold damage, summon Spectral Blade 1/day{fights on auto for 4 rounds dealing 1d8+3 dmg}, Negative Plane protection to wielder, Aromor Piercing Stike 1/day, +10 THACo for one round)

Katana
18)Hindo's Doom+Hindo's Hand+5,000gp=Hindo's Doom +4(1d10+3, Greater Restoration 1/day, +10%MR, Immune to all forms of death magic)

Two-handed Swords
19)Gram of the Sword of Grief+Heart of Damned+5,000=Upgraded Gram of the Sword of Grief +5(1d10+5, 10% chance of 2d12 poison, +5%MR, Save vs death or lose 1 level with each hit)
20)Holy Avenger+Eye of Tyr+5,000gp=Holy Avenger +6(1d12+6, dispel 3/day, +50MR, Dispel magic on target each hit, +6 dmg to Chaotic evil for Paladins)

Mace
21)Storm Star+Liquid Mercury+10,000gp=Storm Star +5(1d6+5, +1d6 electric dmg, +20%MR to Electricity, 5% chance of casting Chain Lightning with each hit)

Spear
22)Ixil's Spike+Ixil's Nail+5,000gp=Ixil's Spike +6(1d6+6, free action on wielder, save throw or be pinned for 3 rounds, taking 1d6+5 dmg each roundand being immobile)

Club
23)Club of Detonation+Liquid Mercury+10,000gp=Club of detonation +5(1d6+5, +5 fire, 30% chance of extra fire dmg w/each hit, 5% chance fireball on target)

Sorry guys, there's a storm brewing up now, and I have to turn off the PC. More to follow, hopefully tonight, or maybe tommorow...Larry

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 06-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 12:43 PM   #10
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Larry...where's the rest that you promised???

*BUMP*

------------------