Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 07:21 PM   #11
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Of course theres more to it than drinking pepsi Larry - the story says it plain as day. The guy's been sacked for union agitation, not for drinking Pepsi. Coke are just, "clutching at straws" as the article says, for a reason to get rid of the guy.
The guy could claim he was only forcing himself to drink pepsi so that he could never be accused of stealing the delivery stock, as he had reason to belive the company was after revenge. I forsee a big paycheck and the sound of a brush sweeping and a carpet being lifted. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 07:25 PM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

What exactly does an uplifting carpet sound like. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 06:15 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I am not sure if we are getting the full story in the defense's version. What if the driver stole the Pepsi, or paid for it with money he had taken from a vending machine when he was emptying the coin holder...or what if employees are not allowed to be taking breaks in buildings where they are delivering...there is more to this story than the actual drinking of a product. Anybody wanna wager against me on it?
Or maybe he was a transvestite from Vulcan employed by the CIA.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-17-2003, 08:10 AM   #14
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Well, if you want my opinion, the driver was kind of stupid any way! Why would you bite the hand that feeds you!!! Why drink the competition? STUUUPIDDD!

And Ramon, I totally have to disagree with your post! I prefer Diet Pepsi Lemon Twist over coke any day of the week! Of course, prior to Pepsi coming out with it, I wouldn't be caught dead with a pepsi product! And about BS, you are just totally off base!!! Where did you get the Doughy face from? She always looks great in her vids! I just turn down the sound, don-cha-know! ;D

[ 06-17-2003, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 06-17-2003, 08:41 AM   #15
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Well, if you want my opinion, the driver was kind of stupid any way! Why would you bite the hand that feeds you!!! Why drink the competition? STUUUPIDDD!
You're employer cannot dictate what you prefer to drink (ok well Coke is trying to dictate what he drinks while ON THE JOB, but they can't tell him don't like a softdrink you've enjoyed since before you were employed with us.)
Old 06-17-2003, 12:22 PM   #16
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:

And Ramon, I totally have to disagree with your post! I prefer Diet Pepsi Lemon Twist over coke any day of the week! Of course, prior to Pepsi coming out with it, I wouldn't be caught dead with a pepsi product! And about BS, you are just totally off base!!! Where did you get the Doughy face from? She always looks great in her vids! I just turn down the sound, don-cha-know! ;D
That reminds me of a school day. Channel One came on (yes, we for some reason watched that that day.) and then came the one coke and pepsi commercial with the hispanics on it. After they were over someone commented on how little they wear and I said, "Of course they wear little, coke and pepsi make them wear that much because the uglier you are, the less you have to wear to get people to stare at the tv.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:35 PM   #17
MagiK

The real question is....do you have to use the products your employer makes?
Seems to me that this could be a dangerous precident if you can be fired for using a rivals product.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:42 PM   #18
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

I think the issue here was that the worker was drinking Pepsi while delivering Coke (and therefore was probably in a uniform that identified him as a Coke employee). If he was fired for drinking the competitors drink outside of work, I'd agree he shouldn't be fired, but if he did it while wearing the uniform, and therefore was serving as a representative of Coke at the time, then they are in their right to say, "you are a poor representative of our company and it's values and therefore we don't want you out there serving as our representative".
Old 06-17-2003, 02:04 PM   #19
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
You're employer cannot dictate what you prefer to drink (ok well Coke is trying to dictate what he drinks while ON THE JOB, but they can't tell him don't like a softdrink you've enjoyed since before you were employed with us.)
I don't think you are getting my point! He is hurting his on livelihood by drinking a competitor's product. In my opinion that's stupid. I didn't say the company had the power to make him drink it, though I agree with Harleyquinns statement above! Maybe he ought to go get a job with Pepsi. Somehow I doubt Pepsi would be that stupid though.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:12 PM   #20
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
What exactly does an uplifting carpet sound like. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
It depends on how sticky the floor is before you pull the carpet up. With all that spilled coke on the floor I imagine it sounds like pulling the skin off of an animal when you skin it. (Sorry for the horrible analogy but I wrote it before I remembered you were a Vegan.)