Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2003, 09:42 AM   #11
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnarf:
Quote:
Are there any things coming up that I should keep an eye out for???
Greyhawk [img]smile.gif[/img] 3ed rules, party based, turn-based combat [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Where is that set? Faerun?
And who makes it? A link please?

I think i'll try Planescape Torment?

What is Arx fatalis like????
More info please!

THANKS!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:09 PM   #12
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Lionheart is coming up--by Black Isle, uses a variant of the Fallout system.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:55 PM   #13
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

No Contest

Same goes for this

Though if you want a stupendouse game, then get Phantasy Star Online... That will hook you for hours, and there's a new PC version comming out soon... ooh and the new version of NWN of course, that will rock...

And those're the only good RPGs i see comming up... though there is word of a new Zelda game, and PC RPGs come out all the time, the only question is, will we ever be able to use better technology combined with better gameplay? Probably not... [img]tongue.gif[/img] My suggestion is to just get Ragnarok Online [img]tongue.gif[/img] that will last forever... or until south korea is blown up [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 07:55 AM   #14
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I've made thread fer Greyhawk over here, couple'a links there (just fixed a non-working one). Being made by Troika (Arcanum), set in Greyhawk [img]tongue.gif[/img] (full name is "Greyhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil")... looks like good [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 04:21 AM   #15
the mighty stamar

The upcoming game mistmare, which has a new demo, reminds me a great deal of NWN in terms of its interface.

It has better graphics. No multiplayer. Worth checking out.

As for an isometric game, Divine divinity is single character but its great.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:16 AM   #16
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I'm not sure if your name implies so Avatar, but how about some voyages to the land of Britannia and the Ultima series?

I think Ultima IV, VII and both of the Underworlds are definitely in my 'elite' in terms of RPG excellence. They might not be your progressive whang dang direct x spectaculars, but they often deliver on a far deeper level and stay in the consciousness for longer than most.

The gold box AD&D stuff is also unparralleled, Lands of Lore the original is a nice easy going adventure...the possibilities in the RPG universe are quite astounding!

Incidentally, I've not played Planescape Torment...although a friend did give it to me about a month ago. Now that I've completed the hollow Heart of Winter, methinks I might give it a shot!

Cheers,
CerebroDragon
---+UDIC+---
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 03-31-2003, 10:56 AM   #17
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:
I'm not sure if your name implies so Avatar, but how about some voyages to the land of Britannia and the Ultima series?

I think Ultima IV, VII and both of the Underworlds are definitely in my 'elite' in terms of RPG excellence. They might not be your progressive whang dang direct x spectaculars, but they often deliver on a far deeper level and stay in the consciousness for longer than most.

The gold box AD&D stuff is also unparralleled, Lands of Lore the original is a nice easy going adventure...the possibilities in the RPG universe are quite astounding!

Incidentally, I've not played Planescape Torment...although a friend did give it to me about a month ago. Now that I've completed the hollow Heart of Winter, methinks I might give it a shot!

Cheers,
CerebroDragon
---+UDIC+---
Thanks! I might try Ultima Online as well as Torment! I prefer to stay on Torril though.... conservative me....