Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2002, 06:15 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I mean you know the relationship is over and even if it wasn't its not going anywhere, So you know you have to end it, but that last step is so hard. When you have all the right reasons why is it still so hard to walk away?

[ 10-05-2002, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 10-05-2002, 06:19 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well the longer the time that you spend with some the harder it is. You but so much of your time into your relationship. I think you always think that it will work it self out. Maybe if you can not walk away there could be a chance to make it work. maybe I do not have a clue been with the same person over 10 years now.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:17 PM   #3
Deathbringer

I know what you mean, I was going out with a girl for nearly 2 years and it was almost unbearable when we split. Well for me anyway, she found another guy! [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

edit: spelling

[ 10-05-2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 10-05-2002, 08:29 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Of course it's hard. All of life's irrrevocable decisions are hard. I still remember sitting in my batchelor apartment, two months after I walked out on my first wife, and bawling like a baby. Ididn't even like her any more, and wouldn't have gone back under any consideration, but still, I was sad. It's human nature to mourn whatever you had in that relationship, and to avoid the unpleasantness of a breakup. It can't be sugar-coated. I read once when the French actor Alain Delon moved out on Romy Schneider, he just left a single rose, and a note that said, "Romy, I'm sorry." I told my nurse that one time, and she retorted, "If I'd been her, I'd have hunted him down and killed him." So, there are some good points in letting them have their say. Sorrry that you have to go through it, man.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:25 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Unlike Attalus, when I left my last disaster I had a really good time! The freedom was like a breath of fresh air. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

Anyway...why do many people find it so hard to walk away? Because we cling to the hope that if we stay then everything can be worked out and the future will be so bright.

If your relationship is bad, then you can either change yourself or change your surroundings. If you change yourself and the relationship doesn't improve, then your partner doesn't want a better life--walk away. It's that simple.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:02 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

It is hard to leave because you have a connection with that person.

Severing connections is hard.

I find that there is a way to look at it. Will there be more pain if you stay, or go?

Sometimes you have to. And then it doesn't take as long as you think to rebuild. But you have to find out who you are again, because you have changed in the relationship.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:10 PM   #7
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

A have a girlfriend.......

It has been hard. She seems very rebellious, but however she falls out with me and then she is the first one to make up. It seems she makes the most mistakes and then is always the first to make up.

I don't know whether I love her.

How can I tell????
Old 10-06-2002, 06:58 PM   #8
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

The longer you've spent time with the person the harder it is to let go.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:49 AM   #9
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

The same reason folks hold on to bad investments until they're worthless. You irrationally don't want to beleive it was wasted time/money and hang on in the foolish hope that it will recover and be what it once was. In the process of denial, you wind up losing everything. The ability to walk away from something before it makes a mess of you is one of the most valuable skills you'll ever develop.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:50 AM   #10
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
A have a girlfriend.......

It has been hard. She seems very rebellious, but however she falls out with me and then she is the first one to make up. It seems she makes the most mistakes and then is always the first to make up.

I don't know whether I love her.

How can I tell????
You love her when she hugs you without reaching for your wallet [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Walking away IS hard, but then nearly everything in lief is. Sucks, I know, but I don't make the rules, I only wish I do