Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2002, 10:04 AM   #11
Vampire

I DO NOT believe Arafat did nearly as much as he could have done in stopping terrorists. At the height of terrorist activity, Isralei Intelligence intercepted 7 suicide bombers a day!!!! yet the palestanians say they can't find any????
Old 06-28-2002, 04:12 PM   #12
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
The best thing that can happen now is for Arafat to die of natural causes - then his successor might be able to get a fresh start on reviving the peace-process.
natural causes sounds good.how about lead poisoning from a 7.62mm round?
Quote:
I DO NOT believe Arafat did nearly as much as he could have done in stopping terrorists. At the height of terrorist activity, Isralei Intelligence intercepted 7 suicide bombers a day!!!! yet the palestanians say they can't find any????
arafat never tried to stop it.he has been involved in terrorism since at least 1964,when the plo was formed.hell,his own party is the home of the al aqsa murderers gang.and this joke of a pa police force was for nothing more than show.they would arrest terrorists and then release them after a couple of days detention.their other purpose was threatening or killing anyone who opposed arafat and his party.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:43 PM   #13
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
natural causes sounds good.how about lead poisoning from a 7.62mm round?
I thought those were like, umm… just lead coated, with a tungsten penetrator or something? maybe that's AP.
Perhaps Ball has has a Lead/Antimony core?

Quote:
arafat never tried to stop it.he has been involved in terrorism since at least 1964,when the plo was formed.hell,his own party is the home of the al aqsa murderers gang.and this joke of a pa police force was for nothing more than show.they would arrest terrorists and then release them after a couple of days detention.their other purpose was threatening or killing anyone who opposed arafat and his party.
The State of Israel was founded upon militant Jewish terrorism against Britain (the power mandated to rule Palestine after the Turkish Empire collapsed) and subsequently terrorism against UN officials who were simply doing the job internationally entrusted to them.
Mr Shamir, a recent and much revered Israeli leader, a few years back, was a ruthless terrorist commander a few decades back.
It is simply incoherent for a state, whose very existence is founded upon the experience that terrorism works, should be killing people in Palestine to try and prove that terrorism does not work.

Old 06-28-2002, 07:26 PM   #14
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Technically there are too many devided groups in Palestine, they should each be recognized as their own nations and screwed over like some of those miniature places nobody knows about in Africa... ya know?

even arafat claims that he can't controll his own people, now when a leader says that you know it's time for a little bit of exta invoulvment, and that's what the isrealiies decided to do since nobody else wanted to judge. Indeed, it looks bad from a far standing point, but there is no order without chaos happening first!
Old 06-28-2002, 08:19 PM   #15
DeSoya
Manshoon

I'm not really sure we can get rid of Arafat, and I certainly don't think that assassinating him would be the best thing. The U.S. government sounds all surprised about him not doing anything about terrorism. We've known for years that he has supported groups with links to terrorism.

Quote:
This was posted by Neb but seems to be the general consensus:

Palestine should be allowed to be a free state.... If they get a proper leader instead of Arafat.
Problem is that Arafat was elected in a democratic fashion. Unlike our president.

Here's a quote from a column in todays paper:
Quote:
But as often happens in such cases, Bush most likely convinced himself, too. That's why he didn't see how odd it looks for him to demand that the Palestinians get rid of Yasser Arafat. Arafat got 88 percent of the vote in an election in which 80 percent of the voters turned out. The election was monitored by international observers, among them Jimmy Carter, who found fewer irregularities than later turned up in Florida. New elections were supposed to have been held in January 1999 but have been delayed by repeated crises and are now scheduled for next January.
Here's a link to the rest of the column. BTW it's by Molly Ivans.

http://www.bouldernews.com/bdc/opini...234695,00.html

DeSoya
Old 06-28-2002, 08:39 PM   #16
khazadman

dramnek,one reason the israelis turned to terrorism against the brits was because they were turning a blind eye to all the arab attacks against them.
Quote:
We've known for years that he has supported groups with links to terrorism.
desoya,arafat IS a terrorist.
Quote:
Problem is that Arafat was elected in a democratic fashion. Unlike our president.
like i said,a one party election is a joke.no serious opponent was allowed to run against arafat.opposition to this guy tends to die out(literally).and just because jimmy carter says the election was right doesn't make it so.why should we listen to him?he was the most incompetent of the modern presidents.
and yes,despite all the democrat vote fraud,bush won.just pisses you off,doesn't it.remember,those counties in florida where there was so called voter irregularities were and still are,run by democrats.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:44 PM   #17
khazadman

i know how to solve the problem.just announce that anyone with ties to a terrorist group,or who has commited a terrorist act,cannot run for office in palestine.it worked for germany after the war,why not here?
Old 06-28-2002, 08:52 PM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
i know how to solve the problem.just announce that anyone with ties to a terrorist group,or who has commited a terrorist act,cannot run for office in palestine.it worked for germany after the war,why not here?
That would leave them probably without any candidates.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:19 PM   #19
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Like I said, no American should have any say on this matter. The only ones who will have a say are the voters.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 06-28-2002, 10:58 PM   #20
DeSoya
Manshoon

Quote:
Posted by Khazadman
desoya,arafat IS a terrorist.
If having a tacit agreement with terrorists makes one a terrorist then the U.S. has been being run by terrorists for years and years. Need I point out that Noriega, the Nicuaraguan death squads and Bin Laden were all funded by the United States?

As for the election thingy, the statement the disputed regions were run by democrats is patently untrue. Try looking here for a good run down: http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...430276,00.html

As far as I'm concerned rehashing old news isn't interesting to me or anyone else, so I respectfully ask that if you (Khazadman) wish to continue the debate then we move it to email or pms.

DeSoya