Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #51
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

First of all, i do not care at all what other people said, i personally did not say that palestinian=terrorist. You will find no such post of mine.

We will never know when all of them are dead. But, if warnings and attempts will be 1 per quarter rather then 60+, it will be almost just as good.

Apology accepted. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #52
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:

For example-an underground 100 kg anti tank mine that destroyed our tank some monthes ago is typical hizballah work. (Naturally it stopped after 2 more successes. We found a way to permament deal with such pest).
With all due respect Black Baron, the difficulty of manufacture, the problem of laying them in a manner likely to hit a target without getting caught, the enormous amounts of explosives required and the sheer cost of making such devices, has much more to do with it than anything else.

There are other devices in the arsenal, like the Qassam rockets that pounded Gaza 'settlements' and Sderot last Sunday. Those rockets are beginning to get more and more accurate. Israel's changing tactics merely means that that the other side has to adapt to new techniques too - and that's what they've done.

And this is the real reason why Sharon wants to pull out of Gaza. His blundering policies have caused the Palestinians to come up with new ways of hitting back - and they're becoming so successful at it that the Gaza settlements are becoming too difficult to protect.

Each time one side ups the stakes, the other side replies by trying to go one step further - but in this case, the Palestinians have already lost everything - so they no longer care if the destruction goes up. The state is bankrupt, the economy is in ruins and most are living on UN handouts and international charitable donations. Israel, on the other hand, has yet to reach this stage: it has everything to lose by increasing the violence and nothing to gain...
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #53
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk

And this is the real reason why Sharon wants to pull out of Gaza. His blundering policies have caused the Palestinians to come up with new ways of hitting back - and they're becoming so successful at it that the Gaza settlements are becoming too difficult to protect.

Of course that's your own typical view of the situation again. If they're so succesful, i'd like to see some facts of their achievements. Do you have info of how many tanks they destroyed, helicopters shot down, and soldiers they killed ?

The Palestinians succesful ? They haven't been succesful since day one of the conflict, since they decided the only way to negotiate is through the barrel of a gun, a conflict they can never win.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:05 PM   #54
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I think it's about time that LEADERS who direct violence and terror are targetted. It will then make sucessive leaders think twice about perpetuating calls to war.

The only reason this situation has gone on as long as it has, is because the international community has restrained Israel from doing what so many other nations in the history of humankind have done.

Wiped out the Palestinians en-masse.

Similar to what Hamas and other Arab terror groups want to do to Jews.

Let's look at history.

The British Empire wiped out the Tasmanian Aboriginie.
The Turks wiped out 1.5 million Armenians in 1913, and supplanted entire peoples when they took Anatolia.
The Arabs - Palestinians included - wiped out Coptics, Assyrians, Elamites, Chaldeans, Medes, Babylonians and scores of other peoples.

Live by the sword die by the sword. It's not going to end until the Arabs count their losses, accept that they lost the six day war - meaning the west bank, Gaza, Sinai etc are consequences of the war they initiated - and that Israel is not going to roll over and die. What other Jewish state do Jews go to? Where else in the world is there for them to go?

The Jews were there before the Arabs. the Arabs invaded and conquered, and now the Arabs continue to use terror tactics.

However... do I think Peace will ever occur there? No. I remeain pessimistic about the prospect of peace ever reaching that part of the world.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:06 AM   #55
Skunk
Banned User

Your forgetting that very insignificant event called WORLD WAR TWO and the treaties and conventions that the world has since signed. Yes, in barbaric times we performed barbaric acts but it has NO relevance to today.

In C17th I could accuse someone of withcraft and have them burned at the stake because I KNEW that they were a witch - try doing that now and for some reason society will not accept your actions.

In the early C19th century, I would have had no problem owning slaves in Georgia - for some reason, it is banned now - why is that? Have we become more enlightened?

The native Americans were the effective owners of the North American continent until they were displaced, does that mean that they have a right to kick out all non-natives? Of course not, so don't quote the incorrect Jews were there first bit - that's a debatable part of history, since these claims arise before records began and are thus based upon belief rather than cold facts.

Personally, I have a religous book that proves that I am descended from the Homo habilis man that came to the uninabited region from Africa before the jews or arabs and that therefore I am the rightful owner of all lands in the middle east. MY claims do, afterall, pre-date Jews and Arabs by approximately 1.7 million years - so I am clearly within my rights to claim my property back. Oh, and the book also goes on to describe how my ancestors evolved into Mongoloids over the course of 1.7 million years and that when my people arrived in North America 17,000 years ago, there was no-one else there. Clearly then, I have the strongest claim for all of the lands of the North American continent too.

Hand over my land now! I want it all back!

[ 04-21-2004, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Skunk ]
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:13 AM   #56
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:

Apology accepted. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
It seems you see things that aren't there as well!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #57
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Haha Donut. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Skunk-Their rockets are a miserable failure. In all their attempts, only a handful (less then 10) houses suistained damage. Number of jews killed is less then 5. The only thing that those rockets achieved was wasting money and time of hamas.

"With all due respect Black Baron, the difficulty of manufacture, the problem of laying them in a manner likely to hit a target without getting caught, the enormous amounts of explosives required and the sheer cost of making such devices, has much more to do with it than anything else".
Your point? Sorry, but your meaning escapes me.

"Of course not, so don't quote the incorrect Jews were there first bit - that's a debatable part of history, since these claims arise before records began and are thus based upon belief rather than cold facts".

We have Archeological evidence and the walls of jerusalem, the "Cotel" and other such things.

And of course we have history. Josef Matityahu, in his "jewish wars" and "Jewish antiques" described who lived here quite well.

No arabs in Pilatus time. Not a single one.
If i am not mistaken- jewish high priest played quite a role in all the jesus buisness.

So these facts are solid and cold as an iceberg in the northern sea. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2004, 07:52 AM   #58
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

The Jews were there before the Arabs. the Arabs invaded and conquered, and now the Arabs continue to use terror tactics.

Yeah, well the Caananite, Midianites and several more were there before the Jews. And they were chased away by the Romans almost 2000 years ago, most strips of land have switched owners since then.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:56 AM   #59
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

This whole region switched owners as one switches toothpicks. There are no midianites and caananites left however.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:06 AM   #60
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It shouldn't matter who was there first or who wasn't. What's important is both sides' willingness to live TOGETHER, and i think that will never happen. Israeli's simply don't trust Palestinians, for quite logical reasons, and Palestinians didn't want the Israeli's there in the first place. Status quo, it might take ages before people start thinking otherwise.

In that light, this might be an interresting read on the whole situation.