Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 10:19 PM   #111
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk:
[
quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:

Mossad kills terrorists. It is an organization much like CIA. You name them terrorists too. In fact every agency of that type is a terroristic organization. Well GRU was (CIA of USSR) a terroristic organization by your defenition. Why that one was and ours is not? Because it served a terroristic regime, and killed enemies of the state.

There is NO difference between the KGB and Mossad - both were/are bad and both served regimes that paid/pay scant regard to international laws (esp. in the area of human rights).
[/QUOTE]US security services do not always respect human rights (see Guantanamo bay, they haven't been convicted either).
Just as a side note: you said that the killing of Black September members was wrong because they never were convicted. Bin Laden hasn't been convicted by any court yet the US still want to get him.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 02:57 AM   #112
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

"Innocent" and "not convicted guilty" are very different. They weren't tried and convicted, but that doesn't mean they were innocent.

As too "terrorism" all you're doing is rendering your use of the word meaningless. "Terrorist" when used by Skunk is impotent. All we will do is find another word or sentence to describe Hamas/Al Qaeda to differentiate them from Israel, America and other retaliatory incarcerating methods, as opposed to the use of mass murder to incite fear into a democratic population.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 03:04 AM   #113
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Mossad came to MY HOME TOWN and engages in brutal murders without reference to my goverment or respecting the laws of MY COUNTRY. And you wonder why I am bothered by a state that sponsors terrorism in this manner and tramples over the laws of MY COUNTRY?
A group of men flew planes into buildings in my home town and killed 2000 odd people and imposed immense financial hardship on numbers of my friends, as well as driving others away from here.

The intent was MAXIMUM CIVILIAN DEATH. Wanton disregard for human life. The more innocent bystanders killed the better.

That is terrorism.

A raid on your home town, to capture one of the perpetrators of such an action, would not and never will constitute terrorism, and the suggestion it does, devalidates the pain and hardship victims of terror, go through.

It's like some Australian protestor I once saw, complaining to Australian police, of police brutality because they are holding him down as he struggles with them. Completely devalidating real victims of police brutality in less forgiving nations, and ignoring his part in controlling the situation. (ie not struggling and accepting the arrest)

Old 04-24-2004, 03:08 AM   #114
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
There is NO difference between the KGB and Mossad - both were/are bad and both served regimes that paid/pay scant regard to international laws (esp. in the area of human rights).
The KGB murdered millions of the citizens it was protecting Skunk. Mossad has killed far, far less people who are harming/have harmed it's citizens. Huge difference between the two. One is doing it's job, the other is abusing those it should protect.

You blindness to the differences is quite interesting Skunk. Very telling.

Old 04-24-2004, 03:12 AM   #115
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
By Black Baron
Skunk, you are biased against israel. I can hardly think about any other possibility.
I agree.

Old 04-24-2004, 03:25 AM   #116
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Very well i will dig it out, if you persist skunk.
KGB is not GRU. GRU was and is ultra secret organization. Read book by victor suvorov "akvarium", for detailed info.

Whackmiester-Since that it is obvious that you are the chief "cloack and dagger" man, go and teach mossad how to work. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"Mossad came to MY HOME TOWN and engages in brutal murders without reference to my goverment or respecting the laws of MY COUNTRY. And you wonder why I am bothered by a state that sponsors terrorism in this manner and tramples over the laws of MY COUNTRY?
And no, MOSSAD did not execute the murders of the Munich massacre because no-one ever stood trial for the crime - they murdered innocent men, because none of them had been convicted of the crime or even been indited - including that norwegian waiter who was gunned down in front of his pregnant wife!"

Sometimes no conviction is nessesary. Ben Laden, Rantisi, and all of their ilk were not found guilty before any court. Yet we hunt and kill them.

About disregard of the laws- what had mossad to do? Ask your country to give them away? Bureaucracy will take its toll and, yes, respect for human rights.
Then some of them will escape, and you can search for them another year or two. Your secret service also disregards our laws by spying on us (every one does so). We merely broke more laws. The principle still remains.

If the waiter was innocent-it was a mistake. Stuff happens, and sometimes it is not good.
If it was done intentionally and every time, then, yes, it will be terrorism. Again, you take 1 case and judge according to it a whole organization.

About weapon supplying. It is what it is. I sell weapons and i do not care what they will be used for. It is ugly, illegal, nasty etc. It is not terrorism. Remember all of these organizations are knee deep in ****. They have to do it sometimes in order to achieve their goals. To claim that everyone should have white and clean hands is absurd.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 03:37 AM   #117
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Was Hitler found guilty in a court of law? Was he convicted of any crime? I guess in Skunks terms that means the assasination attempts Germans made against him were terrorist actions. So too was D-Day and so too were British pilots in the battle of Britain.

I guess anyone that refuses to roll over and accept death at the hands of an enemy is a terrorist in Skunks eyes. How many soldiers have killed enemy combatants not found guilty of a crime?

Old 04-24-2004, 03:39 AM   #118
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=27;t=000312

Here is the link, your second reply, skunk.

At last! Got rid of that ugly manshoon avatar! Yay!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-24-2004, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Black Baron ]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:22 AM   #119
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
On June 5 1944, American, British, and Canadian terrorists landed ILLEGALLY on the beaches of Normandie, France. Never did they ask the Axis permission to land on said beaches. Also the American 82nd and 101st airborne terrorists, together with the British 6th airborne terrorists were dropped illegally on keypositions inland to cut off Axis supply and reinforcement routes.

Something like that ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #120
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You forgot the Australians Johnny.... Why does everyone forget the bloody Aussies!!!