Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 05:28 AM   #1
Whailor

Hey,

Well, almost through BG1+TotSC again, when I ran into little "inactivity" thing. Namely, I did the BG1 main areas, all in a row, and figured to leave TotSC for later. But at some point I somewhat forgot about it, and remembered it again after I got out of Candlekeep Dungeons. I went to world map... and saw that Durlag's Tower was still "blue"! And so were other TotSC areas.. So, I figured - no biggie, I breeze through these areas on the way back to Baldur's Gate and then move on. Did so, but the issue now is - the Chapter 7 wont move on! Basically (itsy-bitsy spoiler here!) I should get arrested as soon as I enter Baldur's Gate and be brought to Flaming Fist compound for interrogation by that upstart. However, I do not get arrested. No Flaming Fist mercenary is interested in me. Basically, as it seems, the game forgot to start the scripts, possibly due to TotSC completion, or something.

I don't remember all the CLUAConsole commands for BG1 unfortunately, neither can I "bump" the plot by editing the savegame, like it can be done in BG2. Does anyone know how to force the game to run it's Chapter 7 script, so that the game would spawn the Flaming Fist enforcers and so on, basically "starting" the action in Chapter 7? I'd like to finish this now and import my char over to BG2
Old 10-24-2002, 05:46 AM   #2
Grungi
Banned User

being arrested isnt needed far as i remember, your trying to avoid being arrested by travelling in the sewers, if you do get arrested the guard you helped previously will let you escape, your meant to gatecrash the party event thing and stop people getting killed by doppelgangers and all sorts, that puts you on chapter7
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 07:25 AM   #3
Whailor

Spoilers ahead possibly:
I mean the case, where you get accused of murdering Iron Throne leaders in Candlekeep. You get arrested and then Tethroil helps you to get out of the cell. You work your way towards the surface and then go back to Baldur's Gate. Yes, you can avoid getting arrested, but when I get arrested, I will be taken in to Flaming Fist and speak with Angelo the sucker. Or if you wont get arrested at the gates, you may get arrested somewhere else, as the Flaming Fist is chasing after you.

There's the problem - Flaming Fist does not chase me, doesn't even care about me. Duke Eltan is NOT in Flaming Fist headquarters, dying, there's no one on second floor although there should be. Heck, the guys below on first floor speak the same stuff as in previous chapter, although they should attack me. There's no Angelo. No chick spawns on top of Iron Throne house. No assassins in Undercellars. No guard in front of Duchal palace asking for invitations. I "teleported" into the palace and there's no ceremony in there, although it should be.

I did try to respawn the Flaming Fist mercenary, who did arrest me. That did make Angelo to spawn and jail me, and I did get on, but then it was back to old stuff - nothing what I described above, no Angelo even when I went back to Flaming Fist barracks.

Basically, the chapter scripts have not "started" and the game doesn't advance. So I seek if anyone knows how to make it advance.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:45 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

its been a long while since i actually completed bg, but cant you go to the place where all the people were hanging out which you need invitation for? dunno where it is, what triggers it or anything, but if you could get that then thats what you need surely? does the duke have to be poisoned to get chapter 7 in? damn my useless memory [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2002, 10:36 AM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

They don't nessacerily chase you. There are a few flaming fist that don't seem to recognize you. I even remember talking to one on occassion and they told me about the Duke being sick. I would not worry about it to much. You should eventually get chased though but if you don't that is a good thing.

[ 10-24-2002, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 11:21 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

is it just me who cannot resist slapping the flaming fist around?

"i serve the flaming fist" "blah blah" "step aside blah"

bah shaddap shaddap, die!

i once lowered my reputation to zero just to fight huge parties of flaming fist everytime, damn that got hardwork, they didnt give me much respite [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

Enter
code:
CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()
[/QUOTE]then Ctrl+C to jump to next chapter.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote