Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 09:45 PM   #1
odies
Welcomed New User

First post for me!

Questions about the Wyrms's Caves. I am currently in their but everyone thinks I am their friend. I have managed to get Joril to give me his badge. Should I know kill them or leave them be?

In the museum, they have given me the key to free the slaves? Should I know kill everyon in there as well or just let the slaves escape and move onto Lower Dorn's Deep?

This game is excellent and I cannot wait to get Heart of Winter Expansion!

Thanks for your help in advance.
odies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 12:27 AM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome to IW, Odies! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

As you can see things are a bit slow here with Christmas approaching, so responses might take a little more time to arrive than usual the next couple days.

Minor spoilers:

1. Take out the monsters in the aquarium. There is some good experience and some good loot to be had in doing so.

2. Talking to the main wyrm should turn all of them hostile -- there is a battle to be fought here if you want it. Killing the wyrms can get you some good experience a bit further into Joril's caverns.

In fact, you'll eventually want to clear this whole complex of monsters [including Joril himself]. Explore it first, however, while the giants are neutral to you to get the lay of the land.
Old 12-24-2002, 02:22 AM   #3
Lemmy
Manshoon

"Should I now kill them or leave them be?"

This is difficult to answer because I'm not sure under what circumstances you'd want to be told "No." Well, there are no penalties incurred from slaughtering the lot of 'em. Personally, I think it's well worth the trouble to kill them. The giants are worth their weight in exp.

"In the museum, they have given me the key to free the slaves? Should I now kill everyone in there as well or just let the slaves escape and move onto Lower Dorn's Deep?"

Again with the open-ended questions. [img]tongue.gif[/img] *Should* you kill them? I don't see why not. It creates no problem gameplay-wise, and you get some nice exp. Go ahead and wipe their taint from the realms. Be sure to get your Cold Resistance up first, though. Their auras do damage to nearby enemies every round or so. (Note that undead are immune to it, so Animate Dead works well here.) I found the Salamanders themselves were not nearly as painful as their aura pulses.

-Lem
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 07:39 AM   #4
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Welcome Odies!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you return to the lower level and free the slaves, the sals will be immediately hostile when you go back upstairs. If you want some extra exp, try going back out from the slaves area the same way you came in. There will be a fight there too.

If I recall correctly, you will have to force attack the first giant(your choice as to which one) and from then on all will be hostile. The give good exp and most can be handled by range weapons. The wvyrns will initiate dialogue but I think any conversation choice will result in a fight. Be ready in the giant's area as there is one pretty good fight before you reach them that you will want to be prepared for...
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote