Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 06:59 AM   #1
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A couple of questions...I am at the end stage and I am attcking Belhifet. I've killed the iron gollems and suddenly realize that Belhifet is no longer attacking me. He is merely transporting himself around the room in a blaze of fire. I have used every magic spell I have on him and I'm moving in with my fighters to attack him whenever he appears. The cursor say he is almost dead, but this goes on for an hour or so where I keep attacking and he remains "almost dead." This can't be right can it?

Also, I thought at one point of the game I accidentally figured out a way to see how many hit points the creature I was fighting had left, but for the life of me, I can't seem to remember how that is accomplished. Can anyone help with this?
CursedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Sojourner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's a bug - I encountered it for the first time on my last run-through. I got bored after 10 minutes and tried CRTL Y'ing him - which worked.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #3
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't really understand what CNTRL Ying is supposed to do but it does nothing for me. This really sucks! I reloaded the game and the same thing happened. Any ideas?
Old 12-24-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
Yanez
Manshoon

Ctrl-Y is a cheat code for insta-killing creature. It has effect only if you go into your icewind.ini file and set parameter like this

CheatConsole=1

Now if you press ctrl-y yo will instantly kill the creature your cursor points to.
Do this only if you don't mind cheating, but the better way is to patch up your game
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:42 PM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Quite right Yanez. Patch the game or find the problem and sort it out. Commands such as CTRL+Y should only be used as a last resort.

Having said that, I'm not sure why, but I suspect that a trigger response has been initiated. Without going into the code parameters and having a look I'm not sure. It sounds as if he's trying to chase your mage around (which he tends to); do you have a mage still, or is s/he dead?

If the problem persists, all I can suggest at the moment is to hope that you've got a save before you go in to his room for the first time. Sorry about that.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:32 PM   #6
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I do have a mage but he is basically standing in the middle of the room flinging bullets at the SOB when he appears in the new location. I am not being attacked in any way unless I am standing too close to him when he goes up in flames.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:33 PM   #7
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also forgot to mention that I do have the latest patch available installed so that shouldn't be the problem.