Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Huzzah! I finally cleared the @#$%ing Vale! Brute force & 1 archer Ranger. My mage is dual-fighter & was only good for melee. Couldn't cast a single spell. Razz-afrazzin, freakin' half-elf...
Gonna export my party, before I move into the Dragon's Eye. My thief-illusionist died & was imported back too low. GRRR!
Have a great weekend!

Finn
Old 05-19-2002, 08:45 AM   #2
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings, all! Still doing ok. Let me get this straight, HoW is an expansion, and there is another one? Thanks! Have a good week!
Finn
Old 05-19-2002, 09:34 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Finn,

Is your fighter/mage wearing armor besides elven chain mail? If so, then his spell casting abilities will be disabled.

Yes, there is an official freebie downloadable expansion called Trial of the Luremaster. I know its available at fileplanet, but there is also another site where it can be downloaded. If i can find the link i will post it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 09:42 AM   #4
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Micah,
Yes! My F/M is wearing different armor. That explains the darkened spell icons! Doh! I forgot about that rule. :::Finn the giant dumb*ss::: Any idea where to find Elven chain? Is that free expansion a seperate game from IWD or an extension?
Thanks!
Finn
Old 05-19-2002, 09:48 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer

Trials of the Luremaster is an "official" expansion produced by BIS and given away for FREE (it was their way of saying "Thanks" to loyal fans and also to put an end to the griping from some folks about how short HOW was). TOL requires that HOW be installed and is accessed by talking to a new npc at the inn in Lonelywood.

It can also be downloaded from here:

http://www.gamesdomain.com/demos/demo/1470.html

BE CAREFUL with this site! There have been reports from some people that copies of ToL downloaded from this site have been corrupted and / or virus infected. If you have a fast dl, use fileplanet. Despite the wait to get to the top of the queue, its the most reliable site available.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-19-2002, 10:01 AM   #6
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Micah,
Thanks! I will need to get HoW after I finish IWD. Just checked the BI site for IWD II, and it looks very good! It must be wrong to be this excited this early on a Sunday.
Gonna go fight verbeeg & acolutes now. Have a good week!
Finn
Old 05-19-2002, 10:05 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Finn,

If you are looking for HOW, and don't already have BG2, look around for a BUNDLED package that includes BG2 (either SOA or TOB, not sure which) AND HOW! It might be available on the Iplay online store, not sure.

IWD2 is going to be awesome. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2002, 10:41 AM   #8
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Micah!
Do I need BG before BG II? IWD is my first RPG since Darklands. Its alot harder than paper RPGs. :::Finn fumbles along, killing & dying:::
See ya!
Finn
Old 05-19-2002, 11:44 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Finn,

With BG2, you have the option to import your character from BG1. It is NOT required that you have played BG1 before BG2, but BG1 does set the stage for BG2.

Old 05-23-2002, 10:20 PM   #10
Loremage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you beet the VoS.
I get though the really long hallway of badguys and tall to that one guy. Then I go back to Mr. Druid and he just says to keep looking. What do I do.