Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 03:10 PM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I see nothing wrong with having to pay 10 or 15$ a month to play a good game that get updated often. Watching a good movie at the cinema cost about that, and this only give you about two hours of enjoyment. 10-15$ is very cheap for unlimited time.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:58 PM   #12
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I see nothing wrong with having to pay 10 or 15$ a month to play a good game that get updated often. Watching a good movie at the cinema cost about that, and this only give you about two hours of enjoyment. 10-15$ is very cheap for unlimited time.
Agreed. I know in the three years I played EQ I saved a bundle on buying games. Before I started playing EQ I Would buy a new game every 4-6 weeks. When I got hooked on EQ I bought maybe one a year. I've been EQ free for over a year and half now

geez, sounds like I'm at an AA meeting, lol.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:59 PM   #13
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
There is going to be a new Middlearth On-line game! Go here and down near the bottom in the Tolkien News Section is a link. It's under this title: "Play the Greatest Story Ever Written".

Here's the link http://www.tolkienonline.com/
The first version of Middle Earth online featured permanent death. When your avatar died there was no respawning. The publisher felt this was too radical a concept and axed the game.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:33 PM   #14
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Made more like real life though! Wow! You certainly have to pick your fights! Man that would suck if you had a high level character.
I could see a lot of weeping and wailing going on in that game.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:43 AM   #15
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmm there are too many online games if you ask me.. everquest asherons call.. the new ps2 everquest game.. starwars.. dungeons & dragons.. so many..

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-20-2003, 07:11 AM   #16
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I am really getting bored with DAoC. It's always the same thing. Go kill this and bring me that. Go kill that and bring me this. All the missions you go on are exactly the same for the most part. Running around killing things gets dull fast. Yes, they update frequently and have added new gear, content, spells and have an expansion pack, which I will not buy. I think now it was a mistake to even get started on the whole Online gaming thing. I play only once or twice a month now. Some months I don't play at all. It would be nice if they only charged you for the months in which you actually played. But, it's more lucrative this way and easier for them. As said before though. It's all about choice. Sometimes you make bad ones.