Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2001, 07:16 AM   #1
Epona
Zartan

Yes, yes! A stupid question to come in here and ask, I know - if you didn't all love the game you wouldn't be here!

I am a BG/BGII veteran, and want to know if you think I'll enjoy Wizards & Warriors. Is the gameplay as easy to control as BG? (ie. my poor brain can't manage anything more complex than point&click!!!). Is it easy to understand? Is it easy to get into or does it take some getting used to?
Any starting tips?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 07:22 AM   #2
livinglibrary
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well have you ever played might & magic? any of them 6,7 or 8.
because the game is not the same, but it´s closer to might & magic than to BG.
if you have played it and you liked then you´ll like this one.
anyway i think the game is really worthy, and there are not so many rpg, so i think you should get it unless you mean you are going to buy it, because that would be a totally different situation.
livinglibrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 09:51 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

yes yes! you'll enjoy it! if you read Sazerac's Gael Serran Examiner posts, you'll have a hard time playing the game with thinking about it....

it was a enjoyable game that I did few cartoons of it!

instead of the bird's eye view of your characters at BG games, you'll find yourself on the ground! you'll find some stuff and strange clues that will get you to come here to ask a FAQ question

------------------

W&W cartoons at my homepage

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 08-30-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 09:58 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Or, have you ever played arena and daggerfall?

The big difference between those two games and W&W is in the combat: you have to click on the ennemy you want to bash (if you're playing in safe mode, you have to hold the CTRL key and click, on the first encounter with an ennemy type but never after). You'll get the hang of it after a few encounters.

It's relatively simple and easy to figure out. The game is very good. It offer replayability and the character generation system is great (not as good as Daggerfall but pretty good). Movement will be different than BG: it's first person... you go where you see.

As far as tips, you can check out the best tips thread... but be carefull, it's full of spoilers. You can also run a search on themes that interest you most (character generation, character development...). Or, you can post your questions and we will provide you with answers very quickly.

Overall, I'd rank this game 9/10. It's my favorite RPG since Daggerfall(mind you, I haven't played BG or BG2 yet).

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 11:17 AM   #5
HeavensFire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would Highly recommend this game. It kept me from thinking about anything else for weeks and weeks. My Wife wasn't too happy about it but hey, we all have our hobbies. hehe

------------------
HeavensFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 09:44 PM   #6
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

I'll put my two Serpent Coins in, too!! YES,YES,YES!!! It was worth every retail penny!! I found it very intuitive to play as a very inexperienced RPGer, and the difficulty level is only moderate. I would agree with those who prefer higher difficulty, that it wouldn't be challenging enough for them, because I can play at the highest difficulty setting which I have never been able to do for any PC game I've played. I always have to play the easiest settings, and they're often too difficult for me. I refer specifically to Heroes of Might and Magic which I love to play... after I've edited the map "a little". The graphics are excellent, the perspective is more realistic, and the plot line is good. And one of the greatest benefits is getting to post here to find answers not readily available in the Gael Serran, or it's infamous "Tome of Misinformation"(the hint book/walkthrough), and getting to "know" some really cool people.

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 09:54 PM   #7
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Pick:
[B]I'll put my two Serpent Coins in, too!! YES,YES,YES!!!
Thanks Doc, this little bit of humor has been the highlight of my day

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 09:56 PM   #8
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Will you enjoy W&W? Not an easy question to answer. I'm currently playing BG and I enjoy that very much but in a different way than W&W.

First off, W&W is a must buy. It's an excellent game but much different than BG. When you encounter something in BG (as you know) you instantly pause and input your commands, maybe double-check and then go. With W&W you don't stop, think about things, then go. You instantly react. In W&W you get a feeling that you are the characters and not the "omnipresent authority figure" as Jaheira would say .

The interface in W&W is a little more challenging than most games though it is easy to learn. The hard part is getting it to work but you'll get the hang of it in not too long. Just practice.

W&W is a very good game that is definitely worth the money. It is easy to get into, it is very fun and creating your character's is very fun with far more facets to it. I what I'm trying to say is, GET IT NOW!!!!!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 09:31 PM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The public has spoken!

------------------

get away from my homepage

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 08-31-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 08:02 AM   #10
Epona
Zartan

OK, have decided to go for it - except I can't find a copy of the game in any stores.
Any suggestions?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote