Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Coming in v1.46

I have totally reconstructed level 8, and have added many new areas, monsters, and treasures. All sublevels will remain the same (the stone tower for instance). That level became stagnant, as I had not upgraded it when I added those new hakpak's a while back.

Soooo... This level will finally be what I envisioned it to be. The Temple of Malar and it's priests totally control this level, and are out in force. The Malar priests of old are gone totally, replaced with many new versions. The Black Network now has ties to Undermountain, and are planning something unspeakable for the Moonsea region.

It'll be added to the server sometime this week! [img]smile.gif[/img] Keep an eye out for it!!

Malar Folk:

Huntmaster Daerdeth
Malar Hunter
Malar Priest
Malar Tracker
Malar Visionist
Beast of Malar
Zhentarim Agents

And loads more. Each tough, and each with their own weakness.

[ 02-22-2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow! My Thistleberry (paly/champion of torm) just did the Trollbark Forest and I'm thinking it may be time to run from 4 through the new 8 with her! Or a party! YAH!

What's up with the testing zone in the mountains accessed from Trollbark? It looks soooo cool, very weird yellow/green fog and nice landscape so far. I'm afraid Thistleberry had a run in with some ornery bears and they didn't survive, though.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have got to get back into Undermountain!

So much I have missed.

I am thinking about starting a new character, and dumping my cleric/fighter however. I dunno. We'll see.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Do you plan on re-doing the sublevels at all? The Cyrpt Things in the stump are more annoying than anything else, and the undead in the Tower *shudder* are mainly cannon fodder cmpared to everything else in there.

By no means am I saying Level 8 is easy mind you, I think I listed it as one of my favorite levels in a survey you posted once. Just merly curious and adding some points of reference.

BTW, I know you have been wanting to redo 6, any plans or ideas for it?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Teri-sha Illistyn:
Do you plan on re-doing the sublevels at all? The Cyrpt Things in the stump are more annoying than anything else, and the undead in the Tower *shudder* are mainly cannon fodder cmpared to everything else in there.

By no means am I saying Level 8 is easy mind you, I think I listed it as one of my favorite levels in a survey you posted once. Just merly curious and adding some points of reference.

BTW, I know you have been wanting to redo 6, any plans or ideas for it?
The overall 'feel' will be kept, but the things 'to do' in that level will become MUCH larger. I have made that level a bit larger as well.

I may redo the sublevels, but at a later date. Level 6 and 7 are also being re constructed. It's all planned out, and expands the Xanather hold. A total change in tilesets as well. Lots to look forward too in the coming weeks, my friend! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:01 AM   #6
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Sweet!! Ive been waiting for the Mad mind of Ziroc to redo level 6. Level 7 is fun, but those poor Xanaher guards posted every few feet seemed kinda bored.

I cant wait for the reconstruction to see what you throw in there. * Has thoughts of massively uber spell weilding gelly cubes *

*Shudders*
Old 03-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, the new level has been completed. I have yet to traverse the entirety of the module, but I'd seen more than enough to know that Level 8 must be a wonderful spectacle. My questions are about the following creatures and if they have made it to the forested level under the earth and stone of Waterdeep:

˘- bunnies (yes, I did post a place where you can get the graphics for them)
˘- rangers (as every heavily forested area needs a ranger or three to get in my teeth...)
˘- MORE bunnies... (*snickers*)
˘- butterflies and other insects to pollenate
˘- wolves and their ilk (including dire, shadow, and undead)
˘- foxes (because if you have bunnies, you need something to keep their population down)
˘- DIRE bunnies... (c'mon, you KNEW that was coming)
˘- carnivorous plants (because the soil needs to eat)
˘- werecreatures
˘- one very annoyed planar trapped there for some reason (would make a great NPC or henchman)
˘- a few magically twisted and "amped up" forest animals (e.g. give them attack/defense spells)
˘- "Brave, brave Sir Robin..."
˘- a living weapon made of wood (perhaps another actual NPC or quest-giving NPC)
˘- a few demons and devils just enjoyin the peace and quiet, out for a leisurely stroll
˘- random nature spirits (or twisted and corrupted nature spirits)
˘- ONE Evil Killer Bunny (*howls in laughter*)

just curious about any or all of these being featured throughout Level 8 (and in fact any of your forested areas, come to think of it). the emphasis was only placed to add humour to most of the post. please, if you add anything at all, make sure that it doens't pick its nose and fling Plague-carrying Vile Boogers of Poisonous Doom at us? That would be nasty... (like undead rock trolls would)

[ 03-08-2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote