Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

I just wanted to let Moni and all the other single mothers (and any single fathers where their children reside with them) out there know that I am awestruck by the fortitude it takes to be a single parent. Late last week my wife was hospitalized with an infection and a temperature in excess of 102 degrees (F). For 60 hours, I alone was responsible for taking care of my son, visiting my wife, taking care of a dog with an ear infection, and managing the household. While doing all of this, I had the luxury of being on sick leave. I cannot fathom what an employed single mother must go through, especially while her child is an infant with an irregular sleeping schedule. I just want to take this opportunity to say, Ladies (and any Gentlemen that this applies to) you have my respect and sympathy!

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-25-2001, 01:57 PM   #2
Moni

Wow, my friend! You really went through some sh*t!
Sorry to hear that!
Glad you survived!!!

No, it sure isn't an easy task but I think women are programmed in a way that men aren't in that they can (usually) do whatever it takes to maintain all their duties and still be able to wear a smile...or is that just make-up?

I feel for you man!

Nice to see a man who can handle the task and come back with enough sanity to be able to type! In all seriousness though, there are lots of men out there like you..dedicated and strong. I am grateful that you all exist and happy for your wife and son that they have you.

*HUGS*

Moni

------------------

Old 06-25-2001, 01:59 PM   #3
Gaelic
Elminster

Agreed!

/em Salute (for all you people who ever played Everquest)

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-25-2001, 02:05 PM   #4
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
No, it sure isn't an easy task but I think women are programmed in a way that men aren't in that they can (usually) do whatever it takes to maintain all their duties and still be able to wear a smile...or is that just make-up?
No argument here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Nice to see a man who can handle the
This remains to be seen.

Deep emotional scaring, of my son, probably took place during the whole ordeal. But in a few months he can walk it off. That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-25-2001, 02:09 PM   #5
onthepequod
Quintesson

As a side note, I hope those of you who have (or had) single parents appreciate them for their sacrifice, if for nothing else.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-25-2001, 02:35 PM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
As a side note, I hope those of you who have (or had) single parents appreciate them for their sacrifice, if for nothing else.

Definitely. My parents are seperated, and it was hard for both of them, and still is, but not so much becuz I'm older and can take care of myself. B4 my dad got engaged, our supper usually consisted of microwaved chicken or mac 'n' cheese every night, becuz this was the extent of his cooking skills. Now I am treated to gourmet meals and treats by my soon-to-be step-mom!

Official Teaser and Ranger of the HADB Clan.

[This message has been edited by Lioness (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 02:51 PM   #7
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:

Definitely. My parents are seperated, and it was hard for both of them, and still is, but not so much becuz I'm older and can take care of myself. B4 my dad got engaged, our supper usually consisted of microwaved chicken or mac 'n' cheese every night, becuz this was the extent of his cooking skills. Now I am treated to gourmet meals and treats by my soon-to-be step-mom!

Official Teaser and Ranger of the HADB Clan.

[This message has been edited by Lioness (edited 06-25-2001).]
For some reason, with you I don't doubt it for even a minute that it is more than just teenage boastfulness when you claim that you can take care of yourself.

Btw, I also like my step-mom very much - even though my situation was very different as I never lived with her and my dad.
------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 02:54 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thank you Ramon! Of course it's not!

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"Evil round every corner...careful not to step in any."-Minsc
"Gimme a sword, I'll win this war for you!"-Mad Martigan