Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 09:10 PM   #21
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
What's even stranger are the ones who order all the "crazy bread" or "bread sticks" to go with their pizza, eat that, and then leave all the pizza crust! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Go fig.

-Sazerac
errr... I eat the crazy bread AND eat all the bread on the pizza... *belches*[/QUOTE]Good girl - we carb eaters need to stick together *burp*
[img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 07-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You BREAD PEOPLE are so sad, look at yourselves! You have crumbs on your lips for crying out loud. Oh yeah, you can't cry outloud can you cause your mouths are full of BREAD! Maybe a new addiction group should be formed, "BEA" (Bread Eaters Anonymous). C'mon, just confess, just say "Hi may name is _____, and I'm a Bread Stick eater."

We are all here for yall if you need a shoulder to confess your bread sins on, c'mere, it's gonna be OK

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-24-2002, 09:14 PM   #23
Neb
Account deleted by Request

If it's a big pizza I sometimes skip the crusts. But usually I devour them as well. Only sort of bread I ever order is garlic bread, especially if it's the sort with cheese and tomato slices on top [img]smile.gif[/img] Yum!

Never could stand bread sticks, just bland and boring and ugh! I'd rather eat old pizza crusts [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 02:56 AM   #24
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Yeah, and it's really not very good bread. Nothing like a nice fresh loaf of Portuguese, Italian, or French bread.

I'm going to be visiting Paris with my wife this Fall and I can't wait to eat some "REAL" fresh French bread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
G'day my friend, just two pieces of advice for you when visiting Paris :
1) Bread in France must be "OFF THE PLATE" - never ever ever put it on the same plate as your meal, it belongs on the table beside or above your plate (unless you wish to suffer the slings and arrows of the outraged natives).
2) After you are completely full and cannot fit in another bite, but wonderful French hospitality is offering you more French bread (or wine or cheese), the only successful response is "SWEDISH NO!!!"

Oh, and in parting, it pays to know the interationally recognised hand signal when ordering a Coke in France .
Old 07-25-2002, 03:43 AM   #25
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
If it's a big pizza I sometimes skip the crusts. But usually I devour them as well. Only sort of bread I ever order is garlic bread, especially if it's the sort with cheese and tomato slices on top [img]smile.gif[/img] Yum!
Oh now that just sounds delicious! I have been making garlic bread for years with red wine and a pinch of oregano or with just toasted mozarella...adding slices of tomato to the cheeeese (*A Homer Simpson "Yuuummm" Noise Goes Through My Head*)...I think...I think...I can't think I am too busy fantasizing about the garlic bread!

Old 07-25-2002, 04:52 AM   #26
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
1) Bread in France must be "OFF THE PLATE" - never ever ever put it on the same plate as your meal, it belongs on the table beside or above your plate (unless you wish to suffer the slings and arrows of the outraged natives).
2) After you are completely full and cannot fit in another bite, but wonderful French hospitality is offering you more French bread (or wine or cheese), the only successful response is "SWEDISH NO!!!"

Oh, and in parting, it pays to know the interationally recognised hand signal when ordering a Coke in France .
ROFLMFAO!!!
You realise we will never let you forget the Coke signal.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:42 AM   #27
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

ROFLMFAO!!!
You realise we will never let you forget the Coke signal.
[/QUOTE]I am sure I first picked up the habit in Venice in 1997 - that was where you could order a Coke (piccolo - per the signal as you now know it) or a Coke (grande - with the signal like the fish that got away). The Coke (grande) cost me the same price as 2 and a half bottles of Cardetto Rossa (not a bad local red wine). From then on I knew the importance of making the correct gesture

Epona, you would of course appreciate that SIZE DOES MATTER .
Old 07-25-2002, 03:18 PM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

When you go to Paris you should use the Davros method of communication. If a frenchman doesn't understand you repeat yourself but say it slowly with a French accent! And leave out conjunctions, interrogatives and pronouns.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-25-2002, 03:54 PM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
When you go to Paris you should use the Davros method of communication. If a frenchman doesn't understand you repeat yourself but say it slowly with a French accent! And leave out conjunctions, interrogatives and pronouns.
When did Davros talk like that? That's much too sophisticated!
All I've seen him do was use the famed 'point and hold up fingers' method, use the universal 'Coke' sign or say 'mon Francais est pas bon'.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:43 AM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Help help I am being harassed - now we see the violence inherent in the system. Come everybody, come see the violence inherent in the system!!! Did you see them harassing me??? Who does he think he is - king hey, well I didn't vote for him........

I am glad to see you used the male form (Mon) of the word "My" there Melusine - I thought the funniest thing was when I was running about using the feminine form of the word "My" (ie Moi) because I had been taught the phrase by a French lady on the plane from Australia. Talk about being set up [img]tongue.gif[/img]